Everything About Auxiliary Lights

A bigger lamp is More efficient, Takes high wattage lamps more kindly, and could be designed for tighter beam pattern.
But the biggest lamp NEO-770 will be oversized for a my small car [lol]. Also it is the only one with cover and for the rest, the cover isn't mentioned. Let's hope the shopkeeper replaces the already purchased lamp and gives the spot lamp.

I am looking for Rectangle shaped small halogen auxillary driving lights for my M-800. As I am from Coimbatore, I have checked at Aditya Auto, Third Space, Auto Light Agencies for Neolite, Autopal or Minda ones. But in vain- No one has these products and were able to show only some Chinese makes and Hella products only. My budget is within INR 1500 and looking for halogen lights only
Could some one help me to know where I can get like the one I have shown here for referrence at Coimbatore or Bangalore.
Help on this is much appreciated

Attachments

Got the Neolite 879 spot lamps, dia is 145mm. Cost is₹700 for a pair. But no cover is provided with these lamps
Beam is better than neo 1010.

Will post the night beam shots after installation.
Update on the aux lamps.
I didn't go with them, they are still lying packed and got fog lamp projectors instead. It's much better throw with lots and lots of light.

Auxiliary fog Lights for Cars

With so many brands in the market regarding auxiliary fog lights for cars, how exactly do we choose which is the best for the price in terms of light output?

At last I have managed to find a pair of rectangular shaped NEOLITE halogen auxiliary driving lamps for my 2005 M-800. I always wanted a rectangular shaped halogen one as it suits M-800 very well. Last year when I did a complete rework of my car, I settled down for a local made auxiliary lamp which was pathetic in terms of light throw though it was extremely bright. Markets are flooded with lot of LED lights. But, I wanted to maintain the period looks of my car.

Fortunately, I visited Nitin Automobiles, J.C Road , Bangalore today and got a pair of NEOLITE Rally 1100 for Rs.720 . I have seen them working on few cars long time back and the throw was pretty good. The product number is NEO-954 .Build quality is not that great and I would rate it 3/5 with the initial impressions.
Neolite (1).JPG

At the same time, I was looking for a replacement for NEOLITE 1010 in my Ambassador. The reflector and the outer stone shield cover had become too old .I wanted to get a NEOLITE 1010 even now as I was happy with the performance and value for money. But, I got a chance to look at AUTOPAL auxiliary driving light HL-445 and I was really impressed. Though this is a very old model,build quality is far superior to NEOLITE 1010. The back case is some sort of metal(very strong and durable) and the stone shield is very solid and doesn't bend like my old one. Reflector+glass are normal 700 headlamp ones . They don't come with bulbs and they are H3 compatible. I procured a pair of AUTOPAL lights for Rs.1000 and got a pair of white H3 Bosch bulbs for Rs.78.

I have seen these lights on few old Ambassadors and they were excellent.
Autopal.JPG

I am yet to fix it and need to see how it works. I shall write a quick review once I get these fixed to my cars.

At last I have managed to find a pair of rectangular shaped NEOLITE halogen auxiliary driving lamps for my 2005 M-800. I always wanted a rectangular shaped halogen one as it suits M-800 very well. Last year when I did a complete rework of my car, I settled down for a local made auxiliary lamp which was pathetic in terms of light throw though it was extremely bright. Markets are flooded with lot of LED lights. But, I wanted to maintain the period looks of my car.

Fortunately, I visited Nitin Automobiles, J.C Road , Bangalore today and got a pair of NEOLITE Rally 1100 for Rs.720 . I have seen them working on few cars long time back and the throw was pretty good. The product number is NEO-954 .Build quality is not that great and I would rate it 3/5 with the initial impressions. View attachment 264291

At the same time, I was looking for a replacement for NEOLITE 1010 in my Ambassador. The reflector and the outer stone shield cover had become too old .I wanted to get a NEOLITE 1010 even now as I was happy with the performance and value for money. But, I got a chance to look at AUTOPAL auxiliary driving light HL-445 and I was really impressed. Though this is a very old model,build quality is far superior to NEOLITE 1010. The back case is some sort of metal(very strong and durable) and the stone shield is very solid and doesn't bend like my old one. Reflector+glass are normal 700 headlamp ones . They don't come with bulbs and they are H3 compatible. I procured a pair of AUTOPAL lights for Rs.1000 and got a pair of white H3 Bosch bulbs for Rs.78.

I have seen these lights on few old Ambassadors and they were excellent. View attachment 264292
I am yet to fix it and need to see how it works. I shall write a quick review once I get these fixed to my cars.
Welcome to TAI, good choice for ancillary lights.
Do post pictures after installation.

Top Bottom