Everything About Auxiliary Lights

Thread Starter #1
I am wondering of getting a pair of Auxiliary lights for my Alto. Something of good quality like the Hella Rallye series. Reason is that 99% of the time while I drive at night no one coming opposite uses the low beam no matter if I flashed them my highs a couple of times or went on full beams with the horn even blaring.

A couple of weeks back I almost drove into an open culvert after being blinded by a crazy SUV guy with two pairs of Auxiliaries on his bull bar and roof in addition to the 100/130 head lights. It was a just miss for me. I slowed down to 30kmph and screeched to a halt just some inches before the culvert. I had gone to my cousin's marriage with the family and we had passed the same spot in the morning and the culvert was not dug up then. And I did not see the warnings and reflectors there thanks to the crazy guy.

If at all I get them fitted on. I plan to use them only when some one comes opposite with high beams and shows no mercy whatsoever. Or when there is Fog when I'm back on my way from the High Ranges in the evening. I also need to check up about the RTO conditions. I remember that you need to get a permission from the RTO for using auxiliary lights.

Does anyone have any idea about the price for a pair from the Hella Rallye series?

I am planning to get them fixed on my car the same way as on the Mini in the picture. And I am hoping to get the Rallye 3000.

click on the picture for a bigger view.

Attachments

Last edited:
Yes that's what is more irritating driving in the night! And now even in city these fools are driving in high beam![frustration]

Believe me , me and my friend also thought of something like this to teach them a lesson but in HID'S 10k even for fog lamps![evil]

I don have any idea about the rates bro.

Thread Starter #4
The reason why I am not thinking of HID's is because they are illegal if your car does not come with them as standard and it would be a great embarrassment for someone like me to be caught using them retrofitted. Improper combination of headlight beams and HID's can cause serious damage to the eyes of other motorists as well. 130/100w also does the same damage. I myself have some problem with my eyes right now, I have to go for an eye test in two months to confirm they're OK.

And auxiliary lights can be used with permission from the RTO subject to conditions and norms. And like I said if I fix it at all, it will be used only in emergencies or self defense and the bulbs will be 55w.

And we Rally fanatics love a set of Hella's on our cars. I've heard somewhere that Rallye 3000 will cost you around 10,000 rupees including fitment. Also I might get it a little bit cheaper than market rates through a source which is to be kept a secret.[;)]

Last edited:
Hey Jalex after reading your story; it reminded me of my friend who had a same problem and always wanted to take revenge from other oncoming drivers with high beam.. [roll]
(Well; these are not at all suggested for you but anywayz thought to share with you all...)
First he got some medium tint so which reduced the high beams intensity to his eyes..
Second he got hids on both headlamps and foglamps...
Thirdly he had got flashers; the white ones which flashes like the camera flash and those was really horrible!! He got fitted those near the foglamps...
Now which ever car comes from otherside with high beam; he used to dipper them only twice; third time he simply use to switch off the fog lamps and start those HORRIBLE flashers...
And then what the opposite driver would simply use to low ther beams or simply off their hearlights if their foglights were on...
He used flashers on highways only..

Thread Starter #6
Well I am never going to go on an all out assault[gun] and flashers?[surprise] No way I am going for that. But I need to stand my ground and defend myself and who ever is with me in the car now shouldn't I ?
I almost saw the gates of hell two weeks back when I almost drove into an open culvert. It was the Potenzas that saved me from meeting the undertaker.

With the Hellas I wont miss out on what's ahead and there is a 30% chance of the person coming opposite to dip his beams. I say 30% because this is Kerala and almost everybody drives like they dont need to know what is ahead and about to happen. Well I belong to the minority to whom things do matter and I really need to see where I'm going.

And just had a talk with my friend the mechanic, He said he can get it fixed on my car. Need to weld in some brackets and we also might need to shift the number plate maybe to a side like on the Lancer EVO X. And I am hoping to get the Hellas around Christmas or so.

Last edited:
Re: Cost of Smoking the Headlamps?

Got Hella Comet 550

Voltage:=12V
Height:=195 mm
Width:=83 mm
Diameter:=96 mm
Lamp Type:=Driving, Fog
Bulb Type:=H3

White light with cover

@Mods please move post to appropriate thread

Attachments

Thread Starter #8
Re: Cost of Smoking the Headlamps?

Post some pictures of the Lights in daylight with the covers on. And what did it cost you including fitment? I myself have dropped plans at the moment for the auxiliaries as my night night drives have become very less these days.

Re: Auxiliary Lights

Yes I know this. Actually I had fillted many other stuffs at that time so managed to get good price. But Initially he told me 2500 for 2.So please check at local shop.
When I checked on above link there was some discount going on mentioning Rs 1250 special price! Now its not.

@Surfer:
Whats the difference in Comet series and Rallye series?
Whats the beam throw in mtrs? 200+ or below 200?
whats the wattage? 55W or 100W?

I see these are white light. Can we get yellow ones as well?
I am looking for driving lights for Scorpio. Stock ones are ok but long night drives I need these hellas.

Thread Starter #13

@Surfer:

I am looking for driving lights for Scorpio. Stock ones are ok but long night drives I need these hellas.
The Comet Series comes in two versions, as Driving or Fog Lights. Whereas the Rallye Series come usually as Driving lights. If you need more useful light spread on the road, then the Rallye series is the one to go for. If you use your car in deep fog and rainy areas, fog lights are what you need, and then it has to be the Comet series.

Rallye 500 FFs has a clear lens (cost a bit more than comet Rs 5k + for 2)
Comet 500 and 550 has generic style vertically striped (Rs 2k+ for 2)

Below 200 as I use this in city I am used to point them on ground. (Like a low beam)
Never tried on Highway yet.
Rallye 500 FF/Comet 550 will be better than Comet 500 a bit

55W

Yes you can. But white is better for visibility

Go with Rallye 500 FF

Hella Comet 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz348cZbN4k

Hella Rallye 500 FF
Hella Rallye 500 FF & 700 FF Product Brochure

PS that Comet 550 is Rectangle shape aux lamp and in small shape while
Comet 500 and Rallye 500 FF are Circular Aux lamp bigger in shape identical in size

Re: Auxiliary Lights for Maruti Alto

Replaced yesterday a bulb in one of my Comet 550 (Don't know why bulb stooped working)
Got Philips @ Rs : 105

@Mods : Can you please change thread name to All about Auxiliary Lights?

Top Bottom