Ertiga Sound System

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys.
I recently booked Ertiga ZXI in brown color and expect it to be delivered by end of the year.
I liked all the features in car except that the sound system does not have Bluetooth, so I started looking for sound system that supports the following:

1. support for USB, aux and Bluetooth (Bluetooth is must)
2. Works seamlessly with the steering controls (no point in having those if they don't work)
3. Touch screen
4. supports rear camera (which may require additional purchase)

I looked at the Sony XAV-68BT which according to the Sony site (XAV-68BT : Mobile Display : Xplod™ In Car Visual : Sony India) says is compatible with steering controls, but according to showroom guy its not.

So please suggest a car audio system that meets the above points and in the range of 20-30k

bhvm

Honoured Member
what's wrong with your stock system?
isn't it wise to upgrade amp,speakers but keep stock system for warranty and peace of mind?

i have referred some links, all manufacturers set steering wheel controls as standard design so aftermarket hu knows its inputs.
pio HU with bluetooth links below, are added refer it, as far as my research i found a user manual of this hu, found out it has support for it
Maruti Suzuki Ertiga | Combinations
see this link.
snapdeal hu link
user manual link
As per tai members rec
Pioneer x4690
Or x4590

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
what's wrong with your stock system?
isn't it wise to upgrade amp,speakers but keep stock system for warranty and peace of mind?
I am not looking at upgrading the speakers,only the hu. The stock hu does not support bluetooth and not everyone uses iPhone/iPod or like to carry multiple devices. I use an android/windowsphone device and the steering controls just don't work with them. If the stock hu had bluetooth I would not have thought of upgrading it and its kind of frustrating that a high-end model does not have hu with bluetooth support [frustration] even Nano top-end has it and so does the recently launched Ciaz.
Also bluetooth is not the only reason I am looking at upgrading the hu, I want a reverse parking assist (camera) setup and thought of having a single device that can do both, that's y I am looking for a new hu.

I don't know whether it is okay to refer another forums post here but someone had recently posted a review of bluetooth enabled Pioneer music system in his ertiga he has swapped the original system you can find the review on team bhp

i have referred some links, all manufacturers set steering wheel controls as standard design so aftermarket hu knows its inputs.
pio HU with bluetooth links below, are added refer it, as far as my research i found a user manual of this hu, found out it has support for it
Maruti Suzuki Ertiga | Combinations
see this link.
snapdeal hu link
user manual link
As per tai members rec
Pioneer x4690
Or x4590
i have asked some ertiga owners of my friends, they said to take the unit to nearby shop to install, they will takecare if streeing controls

I am just worried if they end up cutting some wires and the warranty would be void.
Any how you want to install hu.so you have to do connections.
Diy is more dangerous.
Take it to shop who has more service history.
If there are many shops. Just visit and ask them that you want hu compatable with ertiga. If the guy already installed in another ertiga they would know the wiring.
Just check their confidence level.
Dude this is your car, you own it. Dont worry about silly warranty issues.at hu rear only hu harness and hazard lamp harness come. No complicated wires go by there.they take power and illumination all from hu harness itself.. No worries.
Its all in part of owning a beautiful car.
Just go fot it

I looked at the Sony XAV-68BT which according to the Sony site (XAV-68BT : Mobile Display : Xplod™ In Car Visual : Sony India) says is compatible with steering controls, but according to showroom guy its not.
Sony website says "with Configurable Steering Wheel Remote Input for certain cars, you don't need to have a remote adaptor for signal conversion".
They have also given the wiring harness pin assignment for Maruti Suzuki. In that case, may be the showroom guy don't know how to do the wiring for remote.
Visit some other accessories shops too. Installing an HU aftermarket with harness/without cutting wires won't void your electrical warranty, so just for the sake of warranty don't get your HU installed from Maruti dealer, usually they charge hefty for such accessories.

Last edited:
Every accessory market is now known with the warranty part and so are aware of the wiring harness and addaptors that they fit now.Visit your accessory market and talk with few shops which you know or heard about.
At dealership people would charge you much more then what you would pay at the after market stores plus the availability of options to choose from the HU you want.

Top Bottom