Ertiga Mileage Details By All Ertiga Owners!

My Blue Blaze Ertiga returned 27.5 km/kg mileage during my recent trip to Mahabaleshwar with 650 kms drive completed in 2 days.
Total kms run - 7800 in 3 months.

I have Ertiga ZDI (Diesel), It gives me constantly 16 -17KM on highway though I maintain constant speed 80KM. It has already ran 18000 KM in 8 months. 90% on highway and 10% city driving. I am clueless why the mileage is low.

Appreciate if anyone could help. I am hoping the mileage will increase after 4th service. but not sure.

Pradeep.. My Ertiga has done 42K and my average is also 17kmpl.

The best I can managed is around 20kmpl in highways (while conciously driving in the range of 80 - 100 kmph) & only once I got close to 25kmpl in state highways where (while driving around 60 - 80 kmph)..

But in speeds excess of 100kmph mileage would drop to around 17kmpl.. I never drive beyond 100 and hence not sure if the mileage drops below 16 - 17 kmpl.

Pradeep.. My Ertiga has done 42K and my average is also 17kmpl.

The best I can managed is around 20kmpl in highways (while conciously driving in the range of 80 - 100 kmph) & only once I got close to 25kmpl in state highways where (while driving around 60 - 80 kmph)..

But in speeds excess of 100kmph mileage would drop to around 17kmpl.. I never drive beyond 100 and hence not sure if the mileage drops below 16 - 17 kmpl.
On long drive when i drive from Hyderabad - Coimbatore - Hyderabad, it gave around 15.5 - 16 driving constant 100-120KM speed. I feel this is low because I see there are other Ertigans getting mileage around 18. If I drive on Highway with speed limit to 80 then I may expect around 16+KMPL but once or twice it reached 17KMPL. so I am worried why the mileage is low.

Sunday tanked up after driving 426kms since last tank fully under average urban and out of city conditions. 17.6kmpl efficiency as per calculation.
No significant highway drives since 4 months before.

On long drive when i drive from Hyderabad - Coimbatore - Hyderabad, it gave around 15.5 - 16 driving constant 100-120KM speed. I feel this is low because I see there are other Ertigans getting mileage around 18. If I drive on Highway with speed limit to 80 then I may expect around 16+KMPL but once or twice it reached 17KMPL. so I am worried why the mileage is low.
Based on my usage, my observation is that there is around 2kmpl difference between the 2 ranges (80-100kmph & 100-120kmph). For purpose of testing, you can try driving in steady speed of 80 - 90 kmph for around 200 kms in highway.. I know its difficult to maintain this range. [glasses]

For example I had checked my cars 'ideal' highway mileage during one of the trips via Dharmapuri (filled tank once in ABT near Nilambur Coimbatore, maintained speed of 80 -100kmph & refilled at AAB, Dharmapuri). Got close to 20kmpl

But my best mileage was during trip to Trichy / Thanjavur side from Coimbatore.. where I had to maintain 60 - 80kmph in most of the stretches because of road conditions. And when I refileld I was shocked to notice mileage of around 25kmpl. It was an one-off instance and never managed anything close to it again - so there is chance of some error at the pump (meter error - resulting in excess fuel being pumped [:D])..

i own a ertiga vdi (diesel) . i have purchased this car 3 months back for business purpose.
its a yellow plate tourist vehicle operating at uber (taxi service) at mumbai .
My huge problem is that my ertiga is giving me a mileage of only 12.5 & i am giving you the milage reading which is shown up on the dashboard meter in the car.my vahicle operates in full a.c 90% of the time .i turn it on whenever there is a customer taking a ride. my car runs on mumbai roads & i also face a lot of traffic.all i am getting 12.5 km/l which is making me belive that there is some problem in my engine or may be there is some manufacturing defect in my ertiga .what do you guys think ? is 12.5km/l on a.c is too poor on mumbai roads ? shall i complain to maruti suzuki regarding this problem . can this be a manufacturing defect or some problem in engine? or what i am getting genuine ?

Recently got my Ertiga Zxi Serene Blue. Just 140 km on the ODO, the mileage displayed is 15.1 km/l. Need to wait for the mileage calculation Full talk method. Will keep posting updates on this.
(Separate thread on my buying experience with pictures)

I guess my mileage problem was sorted our after second service when I changed the fuel filter. It seems like the fuel filter is culprit.

Couple of days back I had very long journey like 2400 KM Hyderabad - Sambalpur - Hyderabad and average is stands around 20KMPL with 70% AC on. i am still waiting for accurate reading to get because I haven not filled the tank after returned from long journey.

However, due to bad road and heavy rains I got couple of scratches in my car. I felt I never take this car to bad roads again.

It has been a pleasant experience owning the Ertiga CNG since last 15 months. Consistently getting good performance in terms of drivability, mileage, niggle free parts, service cost, etc
Current ODO - 34000 kms
CNG mode mileage - between 22 to 25 km/kg of gas
Petrol mode mileage - between 16 to 18 kmpl

Last week my Ertiga CNG went for 40k service. After service, the engine is more rev happy, gear box, clutch both are super smooth. Happy to get consistent mileage of 23 to 25 km/kg of gas throughout my 17 months of ownership.

i own a ertiga vdi (diesel) . i have purchased this car 3 months back for business purpose.
its a yellow plate tourist vehicle operating at uber (taxi service) at mumbai .
My huge problem is that my ertiga is giving me a mileage of only 12.5 & i am giving you the milage reading which is shown up on the dashboard meter in the car.my vahicle operates in full a.c 90% of the time .i turn it on whenever there is a customer taking a ride. my car runs on mumbai roads & i also face a lot of traffic.all i am getting 12.5 km/l which is making me belive that there is some problem in my engine or may be there is some manufacturing defect in my ertiga .what do you guys think ? is 12.5km/l on a.c is too poor on mumbai roads ? shall i complain to maruti suzuki regarding this problem . can this be a manufacturing defect or some problem in engine? or what i am getting genuine ?
Hello, what is your odo reading. Is your car diesel variant?

Top Bottom