Enhancing My Dad's Hyundai Accent

Thread Starter #1
hello guys i really need you help in this.
My dad got his hyundai accent GLS in 2002. he didnt do any mods in it except the pioneer ICE. its almost 10 years now and it has done only 56k my dad is not interested to sell this. the other reason for not selling this car is the poor resale price . now let me come in to the actual topic

i feel the car is little slugging in performance. i guess its because the car is getting older. need to check this as soon as possible. since its 56k odo i need to know what all i should replace / check

then the wheels are little rusted what we feel is air leakage( tyres are tubeless). so planning for alloys. need to get a good sets. im planning for 14 inches.

please note. this is my dad's car and he will be using this for long distance drives and for attending functions.

The best place to look for what all things should be replaced is the car's manual.

Regarding sluggish performance may I suggest a stepwise treatment in increasing order of cost :

1. Change air filter, fuel filter and oil filter. Change oil too if due.
2. Clean throttle body and change spark plugs if due.
3. Complete de-carbonisation of engine.
4. Cleaning of fuel tank.
5. Change to synthetic oil.
6. Install a CAI and FFE.
7. Replace worn-out suspension parts.
8. Change tyres if due for change as rubber gets harder.
9. Change to alloys.

freakdude.

It is a process to get rid of carbon deposits that accumulate over a period of time.
Another thing that I missed in my earlier post is : Engine and radiator flush. If planning an oil change or switching to synthetic then get engine flush done before that.

freakdude.

Top Bottom