Engineering Final Year Projects!

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys! As i'm into my final year, i need some project ideas. I'm from Computer science branch. We have 4 in a group! We do not prefer programming project since we are week in it! So kindly help![:)]

How abt search for some internship programmes, they will guide also apply in some top rated institutions, this might help to start.

Enquire your placement coordinators to give the reference from your college.

Hi Girish,
Based on your requirements, I tried figuring out something that can be shown as a final year project without involving programming. Unfortunately, I could not get anything in my mind. Even a simple solution involved either touching the linux kernel or customizing existing classes or so.
Moreover, its a bad idea to show something as a final year project without involving programming because, 50% of your campus interview ( or your interview as a fresher) would definitely be on your final year project.
I would recommend you guys to visit SourceForge - Download, Develop and Publish Free Open Source Software for a library of open source projects. You could find thousands of open source projects starting from simple games and utilities to the ones that play with kernel components.
Its time for you guys to get your hands dirty with some real code. All you have to do is.
1. Visit SourceForge - Download, Develop and Publish Free Open Source Software.
2. Pick one project based on your areas of interest and complexity.
3. Understand it fully.
4. Customize it(or enhance it ) based on your requirement. Event if the project doesn't involve any customization I would recommend you guys to play with some part of code to get a feel of the project.
Best wishes and I am sure you guys can make it.
Thanks,
Bala

Hello guys! As i'm into my final year, i need some project ideas. I'm from Computer science branch. We have 4 in a group! We do not prefer programming project since we are week in it! So kindly help![:)]
Hi Girish,

Are you from MIT Manipal? If yes then I guess, you will get good reference from placement cordinator and they will help you to get some live project in any prestigious organization.

Thread Starter #5
Hi Girish,

Are you from MIT Manipal? If yes then I guess, you will get good reference from placement cordinator and they will help you to get some live project in any prestigious organization.
No, i'm not from MIT Manipal. I'm from MITE Moodbidri. Here we don't know who is Placement coordinator, or we cannot take any help from him. Any more ideas?

Although it is not correct way of doing this. We got hold of an programmer and paid him to do some project for us. But for that what project you need to build is your decision. I dont recomment this approach, but if you have money to spend you can do this. [;)]

No, i'm not from MIT Manipal. I'm from MITE Moodbidri. Here we don't know who is Placement coordinator, or we cannot take any help from him. Any more ideas?
Okay, not much idea related to comp science project. But as I remember in my batch some of the guys has done some training cum project in Bangalore, many of the lazy guys got some ready made project. Though I am against of buying final year project but if you are really having tight schedule then go for it.

hi,
im also a final year student. eee branch. these projects really breaks the heads of every final year student. please mention your area of interests.
but in our college most CSE students do programming type only. some are line app development or game development, web page, cyber security, bug finding in OS/ applications and debugging it, i donno much about their projects but i can ask them and get some info for you

Hello guys, I am also an engg student and Saishibu buddy..I am also from EEE branch!![:D]
I am myself assisting some of our 4t year students in the project development but most of them are from EEE or ME.
Rest as much I remember, last year some students from IT and CSE prepared a complete ERP program as their project.

Though there are a lot of them but some projects on which my team(SAEINDIA collegiate club members) is working are:
  • ME 4th year - Increasing steering efficiency using aerodynamically active structures.
  • ME 4th year - How changing the shape of a disc can change braking?
  • EEE + ME 3rd and 4th year - EV.
  • EEE + ME 3rd and 4th year - Regenerative braking in the same EV.
  • EEE + ME 3rd and 4th year - Research: Difference between electric motor and IC engine in real world and why motors haven't yet replaced IC engines.

I am having an active role in all five of these but still, in the last three I am also playing a major role. Rest the upcoming projects whose outlines have been submitted by me are:
  • Applying for SUPRA SAEINDIA 2013.
  • A low speed wind tunnel in college with wind speed upto 60-70 kph.
  • Preparing a baja vehicle for Baja SAEINDIA 2014.

Top Bottom