Engine Parts Compatibility of Daewoo Matiz and Chevrolet Spark?

Thread Starter #1
i intend to buy a second hand matiz will i get engine spare parts as daewoo has closed the indian unit,heard chevy spark is almost in same platform can the engine spare parts of spark suit matiz

i would advise you to remain away . you can get new spark easily . Now days they are offering for 2.90L ex-showroom + 3years unlimited KM warranty what else you want . Also i am not confirm about spark and matiz part similar

i intend to buy a second hand matiz will i get engine spare parts as daewoo has closed the indian unit,heard chevy spark is almost in same platform can the engine spare parts of spark suit matiz
Matiz & Spark do not share engine parts (info I got from a trusted mechanic)
It is a pain sourcing parts for Matiz.

You can get her if offered for peanuts (no offense, just kidding)

I would suggest to stay away, else get one for 30~40k but never think about resale value.

350Z

Core Team
i intend to buy a second hand matiz will i get engine spare parts as daewoo has closed the indian unit
Nice to see you posting after a break. Matiz was a nice car, but my personal recommendation is also to stay away from purchasing a second hand Matiz (or any other Daewoo car for that matter). Ever since after the company went bankrupt, many owners instantly started to sell off their cars because of the uncertain future of it. Not only sourcing the other regular spare parts and servicing might be an issue but buying a Daewoo will be no less than keeping a snake around your neck because next time you decide to sell it, it’ll go for the price of scrap. Perhaps you would like to consider Palio or Santro instead.

heard chevy spark is almost in same platform can the engine spare parts of spark suit matiz
The platform is same, but not the engines.

Drive Safe,
350Z

If you really have to buy that matiz, let me give you some interesting info. Most of the parts, including internal engine parts of the matiz are same as 800. The block, con rods and pistons are same. The head is completely different and so are the valves and flow. But you can get the hear refurbished at any good lathe shop. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stay away from any Daewoo car. My dad had a Cielo before and we faced too much trouble as no spare parts were available. The AC compressor had failed once and it was not available anywhere in Pune. Also most of the mechanics in town refused to even service the car. The car was good but maintaining it was too difficult.

.....Most of the parts, including internal engine parts of the matiz are same as 800. The block, con rods and pistons are same. The head is completely different ....
This issomething interesting & bit doubtful[confused].
Are you sure? Any info on other parts compatibility?

If you really have to buy that matiz, let me give you some interesting info. Most of the parts, including internal engine parts of the matiz are same as 800. The block, con rods and pistons are same. The head is completely different and so are the valves and flow. But you can get the hear refurbished at any good lathe shop. Hope this helps.
what about exterior and interior parts dude??

The engine code for matiz is F8CV whereas for the carb 800 its F8B. For the Alto it is F8D. The f8b and f8d share most of the internal parts with the f8cv. The head design of the f8cv was completely different with larger valves and better flow. This added with mpfi got the car 51 bhp when the 800 only had 37.5.

well even if you get engine parts matched..it will be very difficult to maintain daewoo and get its parts..my friend got one but struggled for spares so sold it for scrape!!

Top Bottom