Engine Mods for Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
Guys, Im getting my cars engine opened as theres a problem with the big end bearings. Needless to say all the other things will also be changed, from rocker arms to piston rings. Add to it, im planning to shave the head, to increase the compression. Any other ideas from your side? No heavy mods. Just light ones that i can undertake.

350Z

Core Team
IIRC, You were a owner of a well modified Maruti 800, Is it that same car which you are modifying again? For the lighter modifications, You can install the K&N filters etc.

Drive Safe,
350Z

not worth spending much on an 800, how old is your car racerdabba? and yeah, you can add K&Ns and free flow exhausts etc..

Thread Starter #5
Are you going to do this from a authorized service center ?
No. They wont do anything other than the prescribed job.
IIRC, You were a owner of a well modified Maruti 800, Is it that same car which you are modifying again? For the lighter modifications, You can install the K&N filters etc.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yes. Its the same one. THe turbo was gone long ago. and took my engine as well. THe big end bearings are gone, jamming the engine in the process. Im not going to add any extra parts.
not worth spending much on an 800, how old is your car racerdabba? and yeah, you can add K&Ns and free flow exhausts etc..
As already said. No extra parts. FFE & Filter out of the way. I may go for jobs such as Head shaving, Porting, boring and The likes. Since the enine has to be opened and parts changed, it wont b extra expenditure. Please Discuss on these lines.

According to your point , increasing the bore and stroke is the only best avail option.

Have you added turbo?
can you breif on that , is that not working , reason? If not can't you refresh its life

Dude check this article.

http://www.suzukituning.com/SuzukiTuning/AltoTuning/SuzukiAltoTuning.htm

It has the compression ratios (figures) & gains.
Could help you for the head shaving job.

Good that you are not going for a FFE... 95% of them are completely useless.

So according to me is should be -

1) Stock replacement k&n filter or performance one
2) Porting & polishing
3) Head Shaving
4) Boring (make sure you have extra piston rings,in case something goes wrong)

Option no 3 & 4 only if you don't plan to go turbo way in future [evil]

Guys, Im getting my cars engine opened as theres a problem with the big end bearings. Needless to say all the other things will also be changed, from rocker arms to piston rings. Add to it, im planning to shave the head, to increase the compression. Any other ideas from your side? No heavy mods. Just light ones that i can undertake.
Careful While shaving the Cylinder head or doing any mod for that matter,Make sure the person doing the mod has good knowledge about what he is doing. There are some good tuners in and around Chennai. Try locating them if you are at Chennai..

K&N will be a waste. Believe me as its not forced induced.
My personal experience is that these filter works best if the ENgine is either TC or SC.

Only benefit of K&N etc are peace of mind as they need not be cleaned for a very long time.

You can use a bit over size piston. Don't go for extra oversize as you will need a very expert on this. it will only make your engine oversquare. which will increase your top end but will mostly will result in heating issue. also torque will be definitely reduced.

Advice for you.
Block work is easy for any mechanic. But what you should be worried is that who will work on your head. Head job requires great skill.
Don't try other fancy stuff, if its your daily drive.

maruti piston.jpg

K&N will be a waste. Believe me as its not forced induced.
My personal experience is that these filter works best if the ENgine is either TC or SC.

Only benefit of K&N etc are peace of mind as they need not be cleaned for a very long time.

You can use a bit over size piston. Don't go for extra oversize as you will need a very expert on this. it will only make your engine oversquare. which will increase your top end but will mostly will result in heating issue. also torque will be definitely reduced....
Totally agree

Top Bottom