Embassy Used Nissan X Trail 2007 for Rs.6 Lakhs?

Thread Starter #1
Folks, one of wife's colleague is selling off his Nissan X Trail 2007 make and run only 44,000 Kms. Its a 2.2L diesel engine, all black leather seats, and 6 speed manual transmission. Reason for selling is genuine and the SUV has never met any accident and is in immaculate condition. A point to mention is that its a CD number, belonging to one of the embassy's in Delhi. Asking price for the SUV is Rs. 600,000/- (Rs. 6 Lacks). Although I plan to buy a new car the following year and have a budget of Rs. 10,00,000/-, I'm wondering is this a sweet deal I might be missing?

Throw up your suggestions soon guys as I don't think the SUV would be available for sale for a long time. Also, since currently it has a CD number plate, what is the procedure I need to follow to change it to regular DL registeration and any repurcussions if any. Also, about Nissan's after sales service, X Trail's peformance, spare parts availability and cost and resale valule. I know of only Nath Nissan on Mathura Road in Delhi, but have no information about their service.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Used Nissan X Trail 2007?

You are being offered a very tempting deal considering that everything is genuine. Nissans are usually very reliable and being an embassy car, it is supposed to be well maintained too. Though still I would advise a thorough used car inspection with a help of qualified mechanic. The downsides I can think of now are the poor after sales network of Nissan India and relatively expensive spares. You will have to get the car re-registered since it is currently under an embassy registration. I’m not very sure but maybe other taxes will have to be payed as well.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The offer looks tempting to me too! I am not sure if you have had a chance to drive this masterpiece which stands on its own in SUV/MUVs. With an uncomplicated design and loaded with features X-trail makes for a great buy. Considering it has served an embassy, it would not be incorrect to assume that it must have been serviced regularly.

Taking into the account the depreciation on it once you buy it, also the money you would need to shell out on service, spares and registration change, I think it is a good buy.

If I would have gotten a chance like this, I would have taken it. I, personally have driven X-trail 2007 make in scotland for a period of 6 days for more than 800 miles, and it was one of the nicest experience I had in driving a car like this.

Thread Starter #4

Good to read such encouraging suggestions. I checked up the value of the SUV on carwale.com and they have estimated it to be around Rs. 9,00,000/- that is the worst case. Also checked up few classified sections on carwale.com, there are people selling a 2005 make for around Rs. 11,00,000/-. Now this deal looks luring to me, and back in my mind I'm wondering if I buy it for Rs. 600,000/- get it registered so add another Rs. 50,000/- maximum, drive and enjoy the beauty for a while and then sell it off. Sounds tempting to me but am I not considering something? What do you say folks?

350Z

Core Team

Sounds tempting to me but am I not considering something? What do you say folks?
As I said, You might have to spend on Road Tax, Registration, and other duties (which are exempted for embassy vehicles). This might sum up and cost almost equivalent or more than what normally used X-Trails are being sold for. Please confirm this with the concerned authorities before finalizing the deal.

Drive Safe,
350Z

That is the sweetest deal one could have. Not sure of Nissan in general but X-Trails is one hell of a robust machine. The engine is a gem and the ride quality is simply superb, this I can say as I have driven a friends X-Trail for continuous 400+ kms.

Do keep in mind that since it is an embassy registration so you would have to get it re-registered by paying all taxes, registration charges, road taxes etc.

Seriously man, I envy you for this deal. Lucky you.

freakdude.

Does'nt 6 Lakhs seems too low for a 2007 Nissan? Why? Is the resale value such low for Nissan?

Anyway, go ahead and buy that. At that price it's really a steal. I have always liked the X-trail leave apart its Box like design, everything looks tobe superbly packed and the ride quality is better than the likes of Fortuner, Endeavour and CRV.

6lacs for Nissan X-Trail sounds too tempting to resist. I would say if you are sure the car has no document/mechanical issues, then dont wait to grab the deal.

Nissan x Trail Approx parts pricing for your benefit -

Air filter-1250
Oil Filter -661
Fuel filter-4333
Timing Belt- 7170
Fan Belt -1292
Front brake pads-5430
Ac Evaporator Coil - 43000 !!!
Front shock absorbers-11000
Front suspension lower arm-4700
Clutch-7100
Front bumper-11800
Headlight assembly-13190
Tail light assembly -6434
Front Windshield glass -30400 !!!
Side mirror(most vulnerable part)-7600 !!

@ Teja, Buy this car eyes closed but do ask who was using it. Embassy registered car is for embassy or only is not necessary. At times, car bought for embassy work are also registered under embassy special registration series but used by Indian employees. A

And we all know, how people use someone else's car when we need not to worry about anything (about car). A complete used car inspection have to be conducted by a good / reliable mechanic.

Thread Starter #13
@ Shailender, Mercedised: My wife works in the same embassy, and has been seeing the SUV since the time it was bought. Has been used by one of the officers although it was chauffeur driven, and hasn't been abused or used for some other work. Deal sounds TOO tempting, I might be going on Monday to audition the machine and discuss about transfer of registeration and charges that would be applicable.

@Freakdude, Brother if you're interested then let me know, I'l forward you the details of who to get in touch with, keep in mind that you would have to ask for an appointment and auditioning it would be possible only after x'mas and during their business hours. You can ask the lady who is responsible for this task. Let me know if you're interested, because like I mentioned earlier, I'm not in the market to buy a car right now, it's just that I got to know of this awesome deal. Will update you the coming week.

Top Bottom