Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) System on Indian National Highways

I have got a FasTag thro' HDFC, within 2 hours of making my 1st call to HDFC's toll free number. The experience, contact details, and photos of car with the Tag are available at the link here. Hope what I wrote is beneficial to those looking for this FasTag.

Trucker are threatening to go on indefinite strike to get all the Toll plazas removed. It seems a truck takes 10 additional hours to reach from Bangalore to Delhi due to waiting time at toll plazas. They are proposing to make an upfront payment of 50,000 INR towards toll every year along with the road tax. Pitfall is every truck has to pay this irrespective of whether they use toll roads or not.

Trucker are threatening to go on indefinite strike to get all the Toll plazas removed. It seems a truck takes 10 additional hours to reach from Bangalore to Delhi due to waiting time at toll plazas. They are proposing to make an upfront payment of 50,000 INR towards toll every year along with the road tax. Pitfall is every truck has to pay this irrespective of whether they use toll roads or not.
Got an experience recently on Chittorgarh bypass toll. There were all multiaxle trucks in queue which was as long as a kilometer. I always respect the patience these truck drivers have in such situation.

Top Bottom