Electric Shock when We Touch the Car

I used to have the shock everytime I travelled in the car, no matter what was the weather or time of the day. I started touching ground or wall as soon as I opened the door and it solved the problem. But, from past few days I am not following this and have been having no shocks, dunno how it got away.

All,
This is static charge concept. It may be due to the febric of the seat cover or stearing cover. This is not a technical fault in the car.

Sorry to go OT but
Is there any way to create electric shock in the whole car's body; so as no one touches it when we leave it parked. Even if someone touches it; should learn some lessons and not touch other cars:lol!:

Hi Friends,

Here is a very rare issue I am facing from a few days.

Just after a drive of 1 or 2 kms, when I try to get down of the car, if I touch the car , I get a shock treatment from my car. [frustration]

Is this the problem of the spark plug cords ?
Because previously when the car was on, I just tried to touch the distributor
cap I could feel mild shock, hence changed both distributor cap and spark plug cords..

Please guide me to solve this.. [;)]
Static electricity, that is.
Common in dry weather conditions.
Touch the car and say good bye before leaving. If you still get it when you revisit your car, just live with it.
Sometimes touching the car body with your keys help - assuming your keys have rubber/plastic padding on one end.

Basically the idea is to provide earthing to the charge that is built up already.

It is quite normal during winters, I also get shock treatment every now and then. I have read somewhere that this static electricity was the cause of many fuel station fire accident. It may be true. So, as precautionary measure I never get out of the car while refueling during winter. :-)

It is quite normal during winters, I also get shock treatment every now and then. I have read somewhere that this static electricity was the cause of many fuel station fire accident. It may be true. So, as precautionary measure I never get out of the car while refueling during winter. :-)
The nozzles at gas stations are anti-static. They are safe.

Waxing your car also attracts static charge, Thats why waxed car get dirty faster.

Even regular cleaning with cloth can build charge if performed in fast circular motions with synthetic material.

I have experienced great fun in winter nights, rubbing static charged body hair against blanket is spectacular fireworks sight!

BTW use extra precaution when handling naked electronic equipment like motherboard, GPU etc, you can easily damage them.

Top Bottom