Dzire VDI - 7000 KM and Many Miles to Go...

Thread Starter #1
Hello Guys,

This is my 1st post on this forum. till now i was a quiet listener. [:)]

I was planning to buy a personal car for myself from 2 years. Back then after lot of thinking I voted against buying a new car and had invested the money in buying a house in Pune where I work and stay along with my wife. Rest of my family is in Goa and own Indica V2 Turbo back there.

Now 2 years down the line we had some savings that I could spend on fulfilling the desire of owning a car for myself and also I was bored of riding my bike J. So I booked the Dzire VDI pearl white color on 13 December 2010. I was told that it has a waiting period of 4 months. After 2 impatient months I had no more patience to wait so I pulled some strings at the dealer and confirmed that I will get the delivery on 22nd February 2011. This was delayed and I was waiting for the dealer to give me the good news. One fine morning I got a call from my sales executive that my car has been landed in the stock yard and I can get the delivery on 1st March 2011. I insisted in inspecting the car in the dealer’s stock yard and did the same and asked the SE to go ahead with the formalities. The delivery experience was good and the sales executive was very patient and knowledgeable to answer all my queries and helping me out with all the other formalities.

Delivery Experience:
It was a Tuesday and I got a call from my SE that I can get the delivery of my car in the evening at 5:30PM as he has not received the registration number till now from the RTO. I was very impatient and was very excited to get behind the wheel ASAP. I was not able to concentrate on the work for the whole day. In the evening at around 5:00PM my SE calls me again to tell me that he has still not received any news from the RTO and to come at around 6:30 PM. When I reach the dealership at the scheduled time along with my wife and my Dad I see a pearl white Dzire kept in the delivery area. It was the only Dzire standing there so I was sure that that was my ride.

All the formalities are taken care of within 20 min and we are handed over the keys of the car by the Manager along with a small Puja and brief introduction to all the features of the car. They also clicked a photo taking the car keys and instantly gave it to us in a frame. Hats off to Maruti. The honors are done by my dad.

The car had 10KM on the ODO. Till now there was no news from the RTO. I told the SE to inform me as soon as he gets the registration number as I was planning to drive to Goa the next day to my native place.
Cranked the engine and I can hear a little pitter patter from the engine. Most of the noise was well insulated and we can hardly hear any engine noise inside the cabin. To my horror the fuel gauge was almost close to empty. The dealer gave us a free coupon for 5 liters of diesel from the nearest petrol bunk. Went to the pump but it does not inspire me with confidence so filled only the free 5 liters and moved to my regular Pump to make the tank full. Filled diesel worth 1650/- and returned home. I have not added any accessories from the dealer. The only free accessory provided by the dealer is a Ganesha idol on the dashboard. I just have added a air freshener, Matting and sun film ( 3M RE-50 ) for front and back. I did not go for the front windshield.

350Z

Core Team
Welcome to The Automotive India, DzireVDi. Nice start. Great to know that Dzire was able to fulfill your desire of owning a new car for personal use. Keep that coming and also share some pictures soon. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Welcome to TAI, DzireVDI. Another Punetie on TAI. I guess you was silent for more than 6 months. As I could see you joined TAI in February, and this is your first post.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks 350Z for the warm welcome. I will keep on updating this thread as and when it’s possible.
Right now I would like to share my driving experience on the way to Goa just after taking the delivery.
We started driving at around 6:00PM in the evening after office hours. My dad, me and my better half and the destination was my native place Goa. Soon after I hit the road I figured out that the stock head lights are pathetic and are very poor. It was really difficult to get a good sight of the road when any car passes from the front. Somehow I managed. I would have liked to change to Phillips rally 100/90 but the service engineer told me that it would void the electrical warranty of the car. So settled down to Philips Vision + 80% same as the stock rating. These have a better throw of light and illuminate the road better as compared to the stock bulbs. I was cautious to keep the speed below 100 KMPH and the RPM below 2500 as the engine was in the running in period. It was really difficult to do so though. Also taken care that the engine does not run in the same RPM range for too long.
Fuel efficiency recorded using the tank full to tank full method was 23 KMPL on the way to Goa and 20.5 KMPL on the way back to Pune with the boot full and 3 people on-board. AC was on all the time.
On an average the fuel efficiency I get in the Pune city is about 15 – 16 KMPL with AC on 100%. Lowest fuel efficiency recorded was 13.6 KMPL. Friends please comment and give your inputs.

Welcome to TAI, DzireVDI. Another Punetie on TAI. I guess you was silent for more than 6 months. As I could see you joined TAI in February, and this is your first post.
Thanks Drivetech4. Nice to see another Puneiet on TAI. Yes, I was busy and was out of country for official purpose and was busy so was not able to spare any time.

congrats on the dzire.. its a great workhorse from the MS stable and will surely serve you well.. white is the best color for dzire IMO. surely it will serve you well.. wishing you lots of happy miles and smiles with your ride..
drive safe, buckle up..[cheers]

DzireVDI Welcome to TAI

Dezire is perfect car for highway driving. Thanks for sharing your experience.
BTW - what is the dealer name ?
Please post some pics and also info about service history.

Thread Starter #7
Here are some of the pictures of my ride. Hope you guys enjoy. Will update on the service details soon.

Attachments

Hi DzireVDI, nice pictures! [thumbsup]you are a great photographer, you must come for the next trip then!
The fourth pic must be taken at your home in Goa , I could smell it [lol], I had been to Goa many times, I have local friends in Panjim, In Mala area.

wow brand new white dzire looking great..congrats buddy!! post more pics and your ownership experience also!

Thread Starter #10
Hi DzireVDI, nice pictures! [thumbsup]you are a great photographer, you must come for the next trip then!
The fourth pic must be taken at your home in Goa , I could smell it [lol], I had been to Goa many times, I have local friends in Panjim, In Mala area.
@ Drivetech4 -- Thanks buddy and you smelled it right. I must admit you have a great sense of smell [;)].
I will make a point to be there for the next trip. I missed it this time. Anyways how was it ? Some snaps would be great.

Thread Starter #11
1st Service @ 1230 KM On the ODO
Service Center – Kothari Wheels

Gave the car to the service center in the morning with the below mentioned issues:
· Oil change. Insisted on using Mobil Delvac MX which I came to know is better as compared to others from all the research and user reviews.
· Left front door squeaks on bad roads.
· Rear nimber plate was vibrating whenever the boot is shut down. Told the SA to use a two way tape to fix it.
· Left front stock speaker vibrates if the volume is increased slightly which was irritating in a new car.
· Slight Rattling sound from the center console near the integrated stereo.

The service was average. Oil used was Mobil as per the bill and the SA but I am not sure if it was Mobil Delvac Mx. The door squeaks and the rattling of the center console was resolved. The speaker seems to be still vibrating on med and high volumes. Also the Number plate issue is not taken care of. SA promised to take care of this issue in the next service.

Total expense was Rs. 852 /-

SA and service is good. I will be going to the same service center for my next service.

After some days after service i got a call from my sales executive saying that i have a gift from Maruti Suzuki which turned out to be a CD pack including 4 CD's with all time great songs. Nice to get such surprises from Maruti. These are small things that but matter a lot in customer satisfaction.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
2nd Service @ 5100 KM’s on the ODO:
Car clocked 5000 KM’s in 2. 5 months. I won’t say it’s too much of driving as I have some friends who have clocked around 8000 KM’s in 2 months.
Had some minor rattling issues from the front doors which were taken care of during the service. Also the vibration from the speaker was taken care of.

In the mean while it had started raining in Pune and I came to know that the wipers are not good enough to clean the windshield and was leaving streaks behind. So I told the SA to get them changed. After talking with the Manager he agreed to get it replaced under warranty.
I also insisted on changing the oil with Mobil Delvac MX. The SA told me that it is not needed @ 2nd service but is still told him to go head and change the oil.
When I was about to take the delivery of my vehicle I noticed that the wipers were not changed and were giving the same pathetic performance. After confirming with the SA he told me that he had already changed them. I showed him the way they were leaving the streaks behind on the wind shield and he got a new pair and got them replaced in-front of me.

Total expense for the service was 750 /-

After 2 days it rained and I was still not satisfied with their performance. My 6 years old Indica wipers work better than them.
Received a feedback form from Maruti. Gave a 7 out of 10 to the service center mentioning the bad wiper issue. The SA called me to book an appointment and came to my home and changed the wiper blades again. Kudos to Maruti.

But still the quality of the blade used by Maruti is not up to the mark. They use syndicate brand. Checked my Indica. It has Bosch wipers and performs much better in the rains. Planning to replace the stock wipers Dzire to Bosch next season as monsoon is almost over now.

Thread Starter #15
Lovely pictures, but sad that your car started to rattle from places just within less than year of ownership. You should check out this thread as well: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...4774-does-your-maruti-suzuki-car-rattles.html

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks 350Z - These were some minor rattles which were taken care of during the regular service. Nothing major till now and i am pretty happy about it. Right now after the 2nd service the car is rattle free. Thought i would like to damp all the doors and if possible also the dashboard since it feels a bit flimsy.

Top Bottom