Dubai Desert Safari

Thread Starter #1
Hello Guys!

Just back from an awesome trip to Dubai.Among all other enchanting things that Dubai had in store, the most amazing was the Desert Safari.As Land Cruisers and Hummers did some serious dune bashing, it was a ride of a lifetime and one big check off on my Bucket List.

Let the pics do the talking.

23.jpg

24.jpg

30.jpg

83.jpg

84.jpg

85.jpg

86.jpg

87.jpg

Ah nice pics WL, looks that you really enjoyed it !!Sorry if it is a stupid question, how you have felt your Storme ride compared to those killer machines out there

Hi buddy. All pictures are wonderful. Hop you enjoyed the trip a lot. Can you explaine your driving experiences over there.

Thread Starter #8
Storme drive vs those machines would be IMHO an unfair comparison.[evil]But still to answer your question, We were in a Landcruiser. Its the most preferred and common vehicle for this purpose as I could observe.The vehicle was fully loaded with seven people and AC at full blast,still kept ploughing effortlessly through crazily impossible sand dunes.it felt like a boat in water riding the waves more than on wheels.I was sitting for a while in the last seat and my height was easily accommodated in that seat.True 7 seater unlike any car here at home.The highways there are silky smooth and so the ride was floaty floating through the city at good speeds.All cars keep good inter bumper distance and hence good speeds are possible without panic.mainly the traffic is very organised as in even to go 10m ahead, you might have to drive ahead and around a building and come back in the opposite side, as there are lanes for everything.driving there will take a little getting used to not only because of left right hand driving but because extreme discipline of that order will take time to inculcate
here.
[anger]We are not allowed to drive during the desert safari, as the drivers who do this are required to have a special license and training for this job.I still tried to cajol the sheikh driving the car to give me the wheel for a bit, but you know it doesn't work like that over there[;)]

350Z

Core Team
We are not allowed to drive during the desert safari, as the drivers who do this are required to have a special license and training for this job.I still tried to cajol the sheikh driving the car to give me the wheel for a bit, but you know it doesn't work like that over there
Thanks for sharing a set of thrilling pictures. I’m sure your excitement would have doubled up if you had a chance to get behind the wheel. What are the charges for desert safari?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10
Thanks for sharing a set of thrilling pictures. I’m sure your excitement would have doubled up if you had a chance to get behind the wheel. What are the charges for desert safari?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Sure thing 350z,if I d gotten the wheel,[:D]

The safari costs 180 Dirhams per person.6 people in one car,that's about 2700 INR per person,this includes full dune bashing and a camp for dinner,where you enjoy some nice BbQ dinner ,sheesha and belly dancing shows in the middle of the desert.its great fun and was totally vfm.
There are other tours where one can camp overnight in the desert after this and return by morning.there are also Hummers only tours which cost a little more.

Last edited:

Top Bottom