DSLR - How To Make Your Photos Stand Out.

@Highway_Ranger,

Is your lens a VR II ? I thought it is just VR. Can you confirm on this? I cant see a VR II 70-300 lens anywhere online too. Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance

Thread Starter #34
@Highway_Ranger,

Is your lens a VR II ? I thought it is just VR. Can you confirm on this? I cant see a VR II 70-300 lens anywhere online too. Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance
All 70-300 VR lens use the newer VR as in VRII even though it is marked just VR in Red. Unlike the 18-105 VR which is the older VR.

18-105 VR - Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 3 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.

70-300VR - Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.

Wow, awesome thread and thankyou for starting this HR and other members pouring in,its a great learning experience from fellow members and to share passion for photography.
some pictures of my recent kerala trip with my D3000 with 18-55 lens.

350Z

Core Team
Thread Starter #42
Returning from Chennai yesterday, we had spotted some birds and had stopped to take some pictures. While returning to the car this huge plant with these flowers caught my eye. Taken with a 70-300 vr wide open.

fl_03.jpg

I focused on the open flowers at the bottom as they had more of contrast than the closed stalk - for easy AF. Didn't think the DOF would be so shallow. I should have MFed on the stalk/buds...

C&C welcome...

Returning from Chennai yesterday, we had spotted some birds and had stopped to take some pictures. While returning to the car this huge plant with these flowers caught my eye. Taken with a 70-300 vr wide open.

View attachment 100359

I focused on the open flowers at the bottom as they had more of contrast than the closed stalk - for easy AF. Didn't think the DOF would be so shallow. I should have MFed on the stalk/buds...

C&C welcome...
Nice picture HR..

My 2 cents..If you lock the focus on the green leaf at the bottom and then recompose and shoot the yellow flower, you will get a better color contrast.
Try it next time and let me know.

Thread Starter #45
When I clicked this at the Nature park at Yelagiri hills, I was thinking that this will be a classic photo. I was concentrating on the structure and the angle. I was sure I got everything right about the composition.

Well… almost everything…

The entrance to the bridge is not in the frame.[frustration] So cannot lead the viewer on to the bridge.

I like the setting so much that I will make another trip to Yelagiri just to take this shot properly…[:D]

ls_5.jpg

Top Bottom