Driving Responsibly Into Your Hearts!

Thread Starter #1
Fellow AutomotiveIndians,

I deliberately chose this title to introduce myself (Venkataraman Sharma) to all of you for the below reasons:

1. When we choose to use our car - inevitably we tend to use up precious fossil fuel which also goes some way to contributing particulates in our atmosphere. TAKE HOME: The first direction of driving responsibly must be deciding whether we need to make that ride - can we walk down (and in bargain keep ourselves fitter) or use the public transport instead?
2. The type of car we drive - whether it is a gasoline or oil-burner - as a corollary to the aforementioned point determines the impact our footprint has on the climate. TAKE HOME: Choose wisely between a petrol and a diesel (though diesels are popular in Europe it is indisputable that particulate matter and nitrous oxide/sulphur emissions are higher here).
3. The number of people travelling in the car - most personal transportation ends up with a single occupant using it for the home to office and back commute. TAKE HOME: Try and maximize the car's occupancy - travel with some company at least even if it means carpooling.
4. The time we begin our journey - effectively determines our driving style (either relaxed or aggressive). TAKE HOME: Never be pressed for cutting a few minutes by jumping signals or getting on fellow drivers' nerves by planning properly our transit.
5. Always beware that the car can be a potent weapon - that can take lives of innocent bystanders in an accident. TAKE HOME: Remember that your loved ones eagerly await you and your journeys should keep them uppermost in your mind even if you are confident of your daredevil driving skills.

My past and present cars:
1. Maruti 800 DX (2000 model) with 4 valves per cylinder MPI - new
2. Volkswagen Passat estate wagon (2005 model) with 1.9 TDI diesel - second-hand
3. Datsun Go+ (2015 model) with airbag

Hope I have been able to strike a chord with the community and would love to read your feedback!

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddy, Welcome aboard The Automotive India. Wonderful thoughts you have typed above. Hope to read more of your valuable contributions here on forum.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3
[:)]

I am glad that you appreciated the views presented!

Shall definitely contribute meaningfully out here.

Buddy, Welcome aboard The Automotive India. Wonderful thoughts you have typed above. Hope to read more of your valuable contributions here on forum.

Regards

Akash

Hello famman33,

Welcome to TheAutomotiveIndia.com,

This is what every people need to understand and I completely agree with the sentences you have mentioned. Suggest you contribute more in this section
Road Safety & Driving Sense

We'd like you pen down the experiences with your acquisitions , especially with the VW!

Have a pleasant stay and please do contact the team for assistance.

Thread Starter #6
Hello famman33,

Welcome to TheAutomotiveIndia.com,

This is what every people need to understand and I completely agree with the sentences you have mentioned. Suggest you contribute more in this section
Road Safety & Driving Sense
Hi Vishwas!

I have contributed a post "Diesels are inherently more polluting" in the Technical Zone section of the forum.

I shall surely write about the VW Passat estate experience next month since I am off on a break. [clap]

Regards,

Venkataraman

Top Bottom