Driving License Renewal - Pune RTO

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
I have an out of Maharashtra DL which is kind of damaged, so wanted to take a fresh one from Pune.
When I had inquired earlier through one of agents, I was told I will have to apply for Learner's permit first [surprise] and then, after 1 month, go for a driving test and apply for actual license.

This was before the new online process at Pune RTO was implemented. (sarathi.nic.in)

So, now, i want to know what is the process ? Do i actually have to apply for a Learner's permit first ?? Anyone having some information ?

and has anybody have had any experience with the online process at Pune RTO, especially with applying for Driving License ?

Re: Driving License Renewal- Pune RTO

Try contacting any nearby Driving school, they will guide you properly.
If you already got a valid license then no need to take a new again, you just have to renew it if its expired.

Thread Starter #3

Try contacting any nearby Driving school, they will guide you properly.
If you already got a valid license then no need to take a new again, you just have to renew it if its expired.
the above information was provided by a driving school person only. the license is valid till 2019, but is from Uttar Pradesh and the card is badly damaged and needs to be replaced urgently.

So, instead of getting it renewed from UP, I want a new card issued from Maharashtra, Pune RTO as now I have permanent residence here.

the above information was provided by a driving school person only. the license is valid till 2019, but is from Uttar Pradesh and the card is badly damaged and needs to be replaced urgently.

So, instead of getting it renewed from UP, I want a new card issued from Maharashtra, Pune RTO as now I have permanent residence here.
My DL Is from UP as well expiring in next 3 months. Here are the options given to me by the driving school

Option 1
1) Get a NOC from isssuing authority from UP for your licence.
2) Submit this NOC along with Form of DL renewal with all the valid documents to Pune RTO and get a renewed licence.

Option 2
1) Apply for a fresh learners licence
2) After about 22 days give the test and get the new DL.

The new DL will be issued within a week in both the options above. For option 1 they will give you a "Pavti"(receipt) which you can show to thulla's as a proof that your current licence is under renewal.

Although with Sarathi in place now, you can DIY all the processes but i am opting for a reliable agent as I am always pressed for time even on the weekends due to office work. The agent is charging 2250 for this whole process. Which is way too heavy but seeing my current condition i have no other choice. If anyone else know someone else who can do this for less please PM me [;)]

Well, this is about renewal of driving licence at Bangalore West - Rajajinagar RTO.

My driving licence [DL] is going to expire on 19/12/2019. So, it's time to visit Bangalore West - Rajajinagar RTO. But, before that, yesterday, I uploaded my application for DL renewal at sarathi.parivahan.gov.in website and got the application number dated 11/12/2019 and acknowledgement and got them printed. But, I did not have the doctor's certificate. So, I visited the Rajajinagar RTO today morning at 10 am and directly went to the shop number 34 in the BBMP shopping complex, where I found the same doctor from whom I got the medical certificate for ₹ 50, five years ago. The doctor was setting up the things on his table just then. I introduced myself and placed the printed form in front of him. When I told him that I took the certificate from him only five years ago, he was very happy. [:D] Without asking any question, he signed the certificate on the dotted lines. When asked for his fee, he said fifty. I could not believe my ears. I again asked, how much. He mentioned the same fifty again. I paid him and came to the next shop. Bought a a thick envelope with ₹ 18 worth stamps pasted on it for ₹ 20 and wrote my name and address on it. He also uploaded all the documents including the medical certificate and gave me a transparent pouch for attaching the about-to-expire DL with the application form. He charged another ₹ 30 for that. Fully armed with the documents, I went to the counter number 2 of the RTO, where I paid the DL renewal fee, ₹ 351. After that, went to the counter number 20 for capturing my photograph and digital signature, where I paid ₹ 58. I attached all the receipts with the documents, which became somewhat bulky by this time! I was then guided to the RTO's chamber, where a staff examined on his laptop, whether all the documents were uploaded, photography and signature captured, fee paid, etc. He then asked me to go to the counter number 13, where I submitted the documents and got the acknowledgement stamped and signed. I then returned home. All these things consumed a couple of hours. At home, I visited the Sarathi website and checked the application status. I could see my uploaded photograph and signature and the step-by-step tasks involved. Now, my DL is waiting for the approval. It will take atleast 3 weeks before I receive it.

I like the entire process at the RTO. No middleman. No tout. No agent. No bribe. No tips. The RTO staffers were friendly and voluntarily guided me to various counters. In fact, the RTO [Mr Balakrishna] himself came and guided me to his chamber for verification of the documents. Even the last time too, I experienced the same. But then, it was manually done. Now, everything has become online. Kudos to Rajajnagar RTO. [cheers]

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
where I found the same doctor from whom I got the medical certificate for ₹ 50, five years ago. The doctor was setting up the things on his table just then. I introduced myself and placed the printed form in front of him. When I told him that I took the certificate from him only five years ago, he was very happy. [:D] Without asking any question, he signed the certificate on the dotted lines.
wow, that was easy proceedure.[:)]

My D/L was expiring on July 2019 and approached a known agent (RTO office is 40kms away from my home so decided to do it through an agent). He did everything but for doctor's Certificate I had to go personally to an eye hospital where I had to undergo all kinds of tests (3 level check up) and then finally the senior doctor also checked my eyes using some high voltage light) and then only signed the documents.

Previously, the Agents used to do all the jobs, including doctor's certificate (like what you have done now), but eye test has become very strict here and one must go to a reputed eye hospital or clinic to do the test and get the form signed. Agents not taking risk now.!

Nairrk

Honoured Member
My D/L was renewed in July 2019 but Digilocker and mParivahan still shows the old licence. Refreshed Digilocker several times, but still it loads the old one. What could be the reason (Local RTO web shows the correct one). ?

Got my renewed driving licence in smart card today by speed post. No need to worry for the next 5 years. [:D] But the website status still shows the same displayed above.

Top Bottom