Driving is Believing...Hyundai Verna Fluidic!

Thread Starter #31
Hi Ravia
Congrats for the New Fluidic , Its sheer looks and performance will enthrall you to a new driving experience . Go for the 3M Film ( Provided RTA is not strict , if yes then buy an RTA approved sunfilm at your place ) Buy a Beige color Seat Cover which will make the car look more beautiful and gives a premium look . What is the size of your tyres , Are you plannig for upgrading your stocks ?

Once gain congrats and have a safe driving

Hi Ravia,

Congrats for this great looking car.
I have CRDi 1.6 sleek silver which i got last month.
I got beige seat covers of autoform fitted from the company showroom here in chandigarh. They costed me Rs. 6,500 incldg installation. These seat covers are specifically for fluidic verna 1.6 and include both armrests.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #35
Thanks Angel and The Fluidic slowly grows on you once you start enjoying its drive. The best thing is that when you get glances from people around you and it does not stop there , they would definitely would give a second glance and that makes car special :)
Before buying the Fluidic , I had lots of options like SX4, Vento , Linea and Desire. no doubt SX4 is a good car however I felt that its almost a 4 yrs model and any time Maruti may come up with a facelift. Vento was then little expensive compared to what they were offering then ( No steering mounted gadgets etc ) Linea I loved it , has a steady driving and breaks are excellent however had low Ground clearance and last choice I had was Fluidic and all my family members liked it and I had to circumvent to their choice :)

Master: the alloys which are seen in the picture-are these original stock alloys? If these are you got from outside-can you tell me details. I am getting Verna next week. Need to check if i should go for 195, 15" or stay with 185 and go for alloys also.

Hi Ravia
Congrats for the New Fluidic , Its sheer looks and performance will enthrall you to a new driving experience . Go for the 3M Film ( Provided RTA is not strict , if yes then buy an RTA approved sunfilm at your place ) Buy a Beige color Seat Cover which will make the car look more beautiful and gives a premium look . What is the size of your tyres , Are you plannig for upgrading your stocks ?

Once gain congrats and have a safe driving
Thankyou bro,
I dont want to upgrade more because i love originality for some period.

Thread Starter #38
Hi Raman,

Mine is a 1.6 Basic Model , so no alloy wheels , however i upgraded by stocks from 185/65/15 to 195/65/16 with Yokohama db series. If you have taken Sx model it comes with OEM Alloy. If yours is a 1.6 base model than upgrade it to 195/65/16 with Michelin or Yokohama. If you want to put Alloys then do not upgrade your stocks to 195/65/16 . you have to then choose 245/45/16 , bear in mind if you roads are not good then ensure to put tyres which will improve your ground clearance

Master: I have booked base model but also have given them option to give me sx if that is available early. So not sure till next week which one is coming. Otherwise i will go for base model.
The one in your car looks like alloys? surprised-they are not alloys but wheel caps. Really i think they look great! So may be i change my mind to keep them and not change to alloys.
I asked for 195 Yoko-and the delaer has aksed me to pay 6k extra returning the stock tires. Should i change to 915 then?
205 (your wrote 245??) -I will not go for as i don't want that huge tire looks.
so undecided on should i got for 185 or 195-confused this would be of some advantage or not?

Thread Starter #40
Hi Raman

Thats the reason I have not purchsed alloys for my beauty :)

With alloys I will never suggest 195/65 R 16 . However kindly follow the below as I did for my decision along with experts. If you shell a bit more go with Michelin than Yokohama

Will the tyre fit your vehicle ?

To a car owner, knowing he biggest wheel size that can fit into a vehicle is very important. There is a simple rule, which is the upgraded wheel's diameter should not be larger than 3% of the original. For example, if we take the 185/60R14 specification as an example, with the original diameter size as follows:

Wheel diameter: 14 inches, 14 inch × 2.54 cm = 35.56 cm
Sidewall: 60% of the tyre's surface, ?18.5 cm × 0.6 = 11.1 cm

But as each wheel has two sidewalls, the sidewalls have to be multiplied by 2,
Sidewall: 11.1 cm × 2 = 22.2 cm
Diameter: 35.56 cm + 22.2 cm = 57.76 cm

Is it possible to upgrade to a 195/50R15 tyre?
Wheel diameter: 15 inches, 15 inch × 2.54 cm = 38.1 cm
Sidewall: 50% of the tyre’s surface, 19.5 cm × 0.5 = 9.75 cm

As before, as each wheel has two sidewalls, the sidewalls have to be multiplied by 2
Sidewall: 9.75 cm × 2 = 19.5 cm
Diameter: 38.1 cm + 19.5 cm = 57.6 cm

Compared with the 185/60R14 specification tyre’s diameter of 57.76 cm, the difference is only 0.3%, which is well within the allocated range.

But what if we just increase the tyre surface without changing the thickness of the sidewall that is using a 195/60R14 tyre?
Wheel diameter: 14 inches, 14 inch × 2.54 cm = 35.56 cm
Sidewall: 60% of the tyre’s surface, 18.5 cm × 0.6 = 11.7 cm again × 2 = 23.4 cm
Diameter: 35.56 cm + 23.4 cm = 58.96 cm

Compared with the 185/60R14 specification tyre’s diameter of 57.76 cm, the difference is now 2%, which is basically still within the allocated range, but because the diameter has changed in a big way, the entire tyre circumference has also been changed, rendering the speedometer inaccurate. More importantly, the increased wheel size may cause the wheel to hit the inner wheel wall of the vehicle when the wheel is turned to its fullest. In serious circumstances, it will cause uneven wear and tear for the tyre.
Source - Tyre Upsizing - Tyre Education - Goodyear India

For the Horn , In my opinion I feel its adquate however if you still want a better one then go for Skoda - Bosch Ones

Light Upgrate - I feel the the light is sufficient , its not about we seeing the road , its also about others to see it too . So putting a high volt light will not only hampers other vision and may also leads to accidents. Still you want to go for one , kindly speak to the Auth Service center only , as relays in this cars is very expensive

the master stock alloys and tire is 195/55/16 in the sx and sxO i upsized from 195/55/16 to 205/50/16 while a few others went with 205/55/16 and have no issues.
regarding headlights hyundai will only give you the normal 55/60 me and neil have gone in for stock replacements which do not need relays, however which relay are you saying is very expensive?

i am going to book verna 1.6 sx in nxt week. iam pondy here road speed breakers are very huge. i heared verna has ground clearence problem. how to over come this can i change tyre sie wich is best. pls guide me

I delivered fluidic verna crdi 1.6 sx last week. The dealer
suggested to do the following three coating before delivery.
underbody coating, cavity wax polishing and tuflon coating.
Total cost Rs7500/=
But i decided to do in first service.
Is it a necessary expense to a new car ?
What are the advantages by this treatment ?
When should be done ?

Hi Ravia,

Congrats for this great looking car.
I have CRDi 1.6 sleek silver which i got last month.
I got beige seat covers of autoform fitted from the company showroom here in chandigarh. They costed me Rs. 6,500 incldg installation. These seat covers are specifically for fluidic verna 1.6 and include both armrests.
Hope that helps.
hey buddy will you please post some pictures of your seat covers fit and finish as i myself get a verna sx , and want to put seat covers , in Chandigarh and also please give the address and phone number of dealer if possible thanks .

Thread Starter #45
Seats Covers : Ensure you get it fitted at the right car shop or else after few days it will become lose and the looks goes off . always have a small vacuum cleaner in your car especially if you have kids .

A neat and tidy car always gives a better impression of the owners :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom