Driving in Some 'Civic' Sense - A Buying and Ownership Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #32
Wow buddy!
Nice garage.
According to me, the BEAST and the BEAUTY.
Thanks lxi [cheers]

Some recent pics - this should give a good idea of the tints in place currently, its from 3M on the sides and back and hence not very dark but legal.

I promise to put up internal pics shortly, long overdue.

Attachments

Last edited:
Ironrock, i am waiting for proper photo shoot of your car.

Last edited by a moderator:

lxi.

Suspended
Nope i dont think so! Is it?[confused]

Anyways, nice pics, your car looks awesome![evil]

I have always been a civic fan since it was launched[;)](i like your model than the present one with octagonal tail lights)!

Now, what about a spoiler which will complete the looks of your car! Or the black or silver shark fin type thingy on the roof?

Thread Starter #35
@lxi yes you are tempting me with the mod suggestion, i have a big dilemma whether to sell this car or not, the decision of this will have a bearing on the mods, i love the car its an absolute thrill to drive but my need and running makes more sense for a diesel one, the heart says no chance never gonna sell, the head says go for a diesel asap![;)]

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended
Its up to you buddy. If you say no to mods, NO MODS.

What is your running for which you are thinking of getting a diesel.

If you sell this civic, which car will you go for? Verna?

Thread Starter #37
Its up to you buddy. If you say no to mods, NO MODS.

What is your running for which you are thinking of getting a diesel.

If you sell this civic, which car will you go for? Verna?
Yes if i decide to keep the car spending on mods will make sense, but that is the dilemma. Yearly running is 15-20k..

i have been a big fortuner fan and also wanted a big butch suv...so in case i replace it will be with something big and butch but diesel. Suggestions welcome :)

it doesnt make sense buddy. supposedly if you do go for Fortuner then u will have two big SUVs in the house? if diesel is must then use your XUV since it is diesel.

Thread Starter #39
it doesnt make sense buddy. supposedly if you do go for Fortuner then u will have two big SUVs in the house? if diesel is must then use your XUV since it is diesel.
Well i probably forgot to mention my father drives too and we are split among several locations for business reasons - we already have the xuv(and the sumo too) - but need another suv eventually - otherwise inevitably the civic gets to put through harsh roads - which is heart breaking for me.

Well the other option is to keep the civic and buy another suv lol us auto enthusiasts we are crazy indeed!!

lxi.

Suspended
Well the other option is to keep the civic and buy another suv lol us auto enthusiasts we are crazy indeed!!
[lol] Hehe. Yup, we are crazy about cars!

You can go for an SUV (most are diesels) like a safari, endy, if possible.

BTW, do you know how much your civic will fetch you, it would be third owner's[confused].

If you keep the cicic, what will be your budget for new MIGHTY MUSCULAR 4X4 SUV[evil]

Thread Starter #41
i am thinking of the fortuner price range, but am prepared to wait for the new endeavour to launch..i wouldnt consider santa fe as i am not convinced on its beating taking ability. Same for Captiva.

I was hoping Toyota will reduce prices as they are increasing localisation lol but i am dreaming!

Thread Starter #44
So, the last one talks about few of your drives in your stable eh? For some reason, i did not like the first pic Amit. May be i got a feel that Civic is behind bars?:stupid:
yes that photo was taken not with the intention of filming the civic..

On a separate topic, i need some urgent suggestions, i am looking to replace 4 tyres ASAP this week, the stock ones are good year 195/65 R15, i am looking to upsize to 205/65 R15.

While i have experienced many a tires, i seem to have shortlisted Yoko (C Drive or A drive ) , Goodyear Assurance( the one with Kevlar inside for superior puncture resistance, not the normal NCT they are pathetic) - i dont need a soft comfort tyre but something that can take beating and will be durable long life.

I am not worried abt tyre noise either - i dont speed and the civic is anyways inherently super silent driving with the ac on all the time.

Wanted to understand if there are any tyre experts who can suggest other options, if you are aware of prices please share as well ?

If you want your tyres to last super long check whether Bridgestone Potenza's are available at that size. I have Yoko A-Drive in my Verna and i am satisfied with it , will suggest Yoko A-drive too. Don't look at C-drive , look at Yoko S-drive instead. Sorry no idea about the prices of the tyre.

BTW are you sure about the upsize? Is it the correct upsize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom