Driving in Heavy Rain - Use Sunglass?

Thread Starter #1
Did you know the sunglass helps the visibility in heavy rain, while driving.
I came to know this from fiat group forum, and thought let everyone know.

If anybody has more information on this, please share.

IMO they deteriorate the visibility because during rains, the climate will be cloudy and to add more the sun glasses lessen the amount of light because of which the visibility becomes poor.

Hmmmm i don prefer sun glasses while driving itself! I don feel comfortable with the sun glasses as it hampers my view while driving!

IMO they deteriorate the visibility because during rains, the climate will be cloudy and to add more the sun glasses lessen the amount of light because of which the visibility becomes poor.
+1. Also it will look foolish to wear sunglasses while its raining. Also they will only lower the visibility which is no good for a driver making his way through heavy rains.

350Z

Core Team
I’m hearing this for the first time that sunglasses aid to increase visibility during monsoon driving. I rather believe it’d only obstruct the vision because there’s already a lot of mist on windshield during rains; however, sunglasses could be ideal to use in normal or sunny days.

PS: Did the person telling try this himself? How was their experience?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7
The guy who has given this tips is a Fiat Rally driver. Something called Polarisation helps visibility.

Driving in the rain...a dubious piece of advise
Most motorists will turn on HIGH or FASTEST SPEED of the wipers
during heavy downpour, yet the visibility in front of the windshield is still bad.....
In the event you face such a situation, just try your SUN GLASSES
(any model will do). It’s a miracle! All of a sudden, your visibility in front of your windshield is perfectly clear, as if there is no rain. Make sure you
always have a pair of SUN GLASSES in your car, as you are not only helping
yourself to drive safely with good vision, but also might save.

i tried it in practical.
i had been to NH4 today to particularly try out this one as it was pouring cats and dogs at about 3.30. but i never felt that the sun glasses improved the visibility. in fact i felt very un-comfortable as the whether was totally cloudy. i even tried different wiper speeds but no improvement. infact felt a lot better after i removed the glasses.
anybody else tried this out?

I wont even try it. How can sunglasses help in already dark conditions? Atleast it should have some basic logic behind it.
Also in the link provided, the user says that sunglasses help in reducing the glare due to raindrops, but honestly i never experienced this so called glare during rains.

Last edited:
actually was trying to sleep this afternoon. but was not able to. suddenly started raining and i got this idea - "why not try this sun glass thing?". got up. grabbed the keys and off i went to the NH4(0.5 km from my home). drove for around 30 kms and back.

actually was trying to sleep this afternoon. but was not able to. suddenly started raining and i got this idea - "why not try this sun glass thing?". got up. grabbed the keys and off i went to the NH4(0.5 km from my home). drove for around 30 kms and back.
oh. Buddy the comment was not for you or any of member. It is good that you tried it.
btw you must have enjoyed the rain drive.

Thread Starter #14
This advise is for "during heavy downpour".

Since sriharsha has already tested this, so i can comment only after i do it soemtime.

ok even it is heavy downpour but how can black sunglasses do something good? i am in a surprise.[surprise]and recommend not to try or it can cause accident.

Top Bottom