Driving in City: Do's and Don'ts.

Thread Starter #18
Actually bus drivers have became habitual of bullying the other road users.

But they have one good habit too.You blow your horn and he will definitely look into the ORVM.

I myself take advantage of this habit of them.Whenever I find the bus trying to block my way.I just accelerate my car and blow horn.The driver looks into ORVM in no time and as soon as I seem him looking towards my car in ORVM I just flash my lights once or twice.
And if window is open then I take my right hand out and ask him what he want by waving my hand.

Amazingly,most of the bus drivers let me go.Why?maybe because bus and truck drivers are always scares of the slaps and punches that car drivers occasionally keeps on giving them.In other words,sometimes being rude on road works very well,especially in city.

Guys..how many of you have noticed that in the night drives,truckers are most gentle drivers.Especially in cities?
Truckers are always gentle(referring to the ones who have driven for more than 10 years),no matter if its the city or highways.

That's the only time they drive in peace without the cockroaches(two-wheelers) snapping in their way.

Thread Starter #21
^^I think I can agree to your words by at least 66%.

Long distance truckers are hell disciplined and the way they strictly follow their lane always moves me.
In the night drives,following any truck feels safer than following any other vehicle in the city.And amazingly,they provide helping hand too in you need one.

BTW,following a truck in the city during foggy drives is really very safe,dunno how but they are very accurate in driving slightly quick even in fogs and that also safe!!

They are safer as well as dangerous in the night for the following reason.

• Most of the trucks wont have tail lamp. You will never notice a vehicle is in your front till you reaches him close. This will be scary in curves.
  • There will not be any reflection stickers also. Even if they have one, it would reflect nothing because of dust in the Lorry
  • They park where ever they have got problem. The worst part is none of the lorrys has hazard warning reflector [triangle one] which can be placed some meters before the incident place. If you most of the accident cases will be like moving vehicle would have dashed to the parked vehicle.

There are some more points but i could n't recollect. May be it might take time till i go on highways again[;)]

Guys one question
What will you do when a car in front of you dont give any way for let you go even if you have enough space in the left side of the road.

Try Honking repeatedly, flash lights and try to overtake from left then also if not possible then i have no option left will go with the words which ll defnitely going to hurt him [lol], he ll leave way for sure.

also add this
1. never drive behind a female driver or rickshaw driver, they never know thair route until very last moment and they just take any turn ( they never know why the two arrows / orange light on both side are given by fool vehicle makers!! )
2. Bus drivers are the owners of Road, so if you don't want to scratch your vehicle, its good to follow them
I would love to delete above bold part, Yes ! i've cousin sister who driver way better than most of the road users . I've got some fantastic tips on setting mirrors properly and also on Parallel Parking from her .

Guys one question
What will you do when a car in front of you dont give any way for let you go even if you have enough space in the left side of the road.
Try Honking repeatedly, flash lights and try to overtake from left then also if not possible then i have no option left will go with the words which ll defnitely going to hurt him [lol], he ll leave way for sure.
This is really dangerous, please do not try these acts when you aren't sure about what to do, just overtake whenever you get a chance and the road is wide open.

I would love to delete above bold part, Yes ! i've cousin sister who driver way better than most of the road users . I've got some fantastic tips on setting mirrors properly and also on Parallel Parking from her .
In your lines i can get one thing from my history teacher who always say NOT ALL ONLY SOME

This is really dangerous, please do not try these acts when you aren't sure about what to do, just overtake whenever you get a chance and the road is wide open.
Im doing that right now

Thread Starter #28
Guys one question
In this case I follow a very simple rule..
Look for adequate space in the left side and overtake when you find it.

In case the driver tries to block my way for any reason then I just back off and wait for an another chance. If he/she does it again then I violently overtake the car by backing off mine and then coming from back after building up slight speed.

Rest I never use disturbing techniques like continuous honking or flashing as they can result in rage too.

Im doing that right now[/QUOTE]

[clap]And also (don't) overtake him from Left side, (Don't) Cut into his lane , (Don't) do the same thing by crawling in front of him.

What i do generally If its night time then try to drive right behind him (while keeping some distance) Start you High beam , and If driver adjust his mirrors (Center and ORVM's) then use Headlight level adjuster knob and adjust your beam according t his mirrors . [lol]

Superb Writeup Vipul

Thread Starter #30
[clap]And also (don't) overtake him from Left side, (Don't) Cut into his lane , (Don't) do the same thing by crawling in front of him.
This can just result in a rage none else.
Actually who has enough time for such things. I just overtake and go at my own pace.Many times it happens that the person starts following us and overtaking us for some ego problems or whatever. I just ignore him and move on. In case the another driver disturbs too much then I just press on gas and stop wherever there is some population or a police picket and my next reaction is either loading the pistol and coming out or pistol in left hand and right on the driver's cheek.
Why such sudden reaction?
Because if anyone tries to disturb us, maybe the person is doing it intentionally and want us to stop in anger...I am taught never to stop in such situations..WHO KNOWS, IF THE ANOTHER PERSON IS READY TO SHOOT YOU!!
While I stop in public places or in front of police pickets and all because there the second person is quite helpless and will have to face your anger at every cost. I won't say I don't get involved in road rage, I do and do it violently but I do it only if another person forces me to do it.

What i do generally If its night time then try to drive right behind him (while keeping some distance) Start you High beam , and If driver adjust his mirrors (Center and ORVM's) then use Headlight level adjuster knob and adjust your beam according t his mirrors . [lol]
+100...I too do the same, try to focus on his mirror itself to show the driver that I am also on the same road.

Superb Writeup Vipul
Thanks buddy..I am humbled.[:D]

Top Bottom