Driving from Daman to Kerala

Thread Starter #1
Planning a trip next month from Daman to Kerala.

Would like to do a leisure trip with breaks in between and visiting some places en route.

One route came to mind is via Mumbai (Thane), Mumbai-Pune Express way, Satara, Kolhapur, Belgaum, Hubli, Chitradurga, Bangalore, Hosur, Salem, Coimbatore, Palakkad.

With 2 halts/night stays in between - Belgaum and Bangalore.

Request fellow members to share information about the places of visit and hotels to stay and good Restaurants en route.

Also I need a detailed guidance on how to reach Mumbai-Pune Expressway from Godhbunder/Fountain NH8 junction.

When i drove down recently from pune i went to up bangalore then mysore-> then via bandipur to palakkad..

As for thane is concerned u can take the thane belapur road tht comes up straight to express way or come via mumbra(there might be some bad patches here and truck traffic)

if u want to escape all traffic nearly , pass by thane and mulund and take the airoli bridge back to thane belapur road

Thread Starter #3
Thanks Iron rock.

Read somewhere that Pune-Bangalore road is being 6 lined in Maharashtra side.

Can somebody help with the info on progress of the work, blockades if any and traffic jams and present road condition.

Last edited:
Thanks Iron rock.

@autosafari,

Even Chennai - Banglore road is also being 6 lined, but they are extending either side of the roads.. so there are no blocks on the existing road..

SO I hope Pune-Bangalore road extension will be same like Chennai - Banglore road extension work.

Happy & Safe Journey [:)]

Thanks Iron rock.

Can somebody help with the info on progress of the work, blockades if any and traffic jams and present road condition.
this road is predominantly good, just be very aware of traffic coming the ulta way - i have had some instances when i was cruising at 120 and then u see a tractor coming bang opp with 3 sugarcane trailors that too in the overtaking lane!!

forgot to mention , at belgaum u can try hotel sankam residency, good food and decent accomodation + its very close the highway so u dont have to take a long detour inwards, we stayed here while returning.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Thanks Iron Rock and Appu.

Plan to visit places in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala in this trip.

Booked hotel Metropolis in Hubli and Naveen Regency in Chitradurga.

Which are the places to visit near Hubli and Haveri and Chitradurga?

Top Bottom