Driving and Left Leg Pain!!

Thread Starter #46
@PH

I have not noticed this in the beginning due to the initial enthusiasm on car and also didn't do too many B2B trips in traffic. YES you point looks very much valid that yes pedals of both cars on higher side where you need to keep the leg down and lift it up every time and while pressing it is hanging

@PH

I have not noticed this in the beginning due to the initial enthusiasm on car and also didn't do too many B2B trips in traffic. YES you point looks very much valid that yes pedals of both cars on higher side where you need to keep the leg down and lift it up every time and while pressing it is hanging
To counter this, why do not you put a thick rubber mat. It will reduce the gap between floor and pedal as well as you will get good cushioning effect.

To counter this, why do not you put a thick rubber mat. It will reduce the gap between floor and pedal as well as you will get good cushioning effect.
I don't know to what extend this will be helpful.

When I drive continuously for hours together, I used to get knee and back pain. I bought an electrically operated car seat massager, and using it on long drive intermittently. That is giving me a good relief.

I feel when you put a thick mat, it may stop the pedals to engage fully

Last edited:
Thread Starter #49
I tried using to engage clutch keeping the foot on floor but was not possible as the pedals are on high position [cry]

this would be a important criteria while buying a car

On a lighter note Sirji looks like age is finally catching up! time for those 30-40 plus tablets.

On a serious note, i dont suggest resting the leg on the floor while operating the clutch a) you dont press it fully b) eventually this will lead to you riding the clutch.

Move your legs on and off in long drives is best, in long drives even the right leg pains especially with cars without cruise control. Leg movements are essential no matter what.

I think its time you upgrade to an Automatic with cruise control!:tongue:

I am a new driver and I drive without shoes or sandals. I can not comments on the height of pedals in other cars but I always have my ankles on the floor while driving. I did not find any problem while driving Brio [clap]. May be it has to do with the pedals height. In between i forgot to mention, i wear eight no. footwear.

I am a new driver and I drive without shoes or sandals. I can not comments on the height of pedals in other cars but I always have my ankles on the floor while driving. I did not find any problem while driving Brio [clap]. May be it has to do with the pedals height. In between i forgot to mention, i wear eight no. footwear.
The clutch biting point of Ritz VXi is too high. So it is difficult to keep heel on the floor of the car unless the pedal is allowed to slide under the foot. If shoe sole is rough this sliding is not possible.

I tried using to engage clutch keeping the foot on floor but was not possible as the pedals are on high position [cry]

Is it possible to adjust hight of the clutch pedal? I heard it is possible.

Good idea. I will try it.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
None of the manufacturers recommend using a floor mat thicker than the standard size since it eventually affects the complete movement of pedals.

Drive Safe,
350Z

None of the manufacturers recommend using a floor mat thicker than the standard size since it eventually affects the complete movement of pedals.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thank you Vibhor for educating me on this.
O.T : I am planning to buy a nice rubber mat, please provide some pointer to it.

YES you point looks very much valid that yes pedals of both cars on higher side where you need to keep the leg down and lift it up every time and while pressing it is hanging
This is a shortcoming in ritz/wagon r only.Ankle pain is very common among owners.Try some other cars i am sure you will not face this issue.

When I drive continuously for hours together, I used to get knee and back pain. I bought an electrically operated car seat massager, and using it on long drive intermittently. That is giving me a good relief.
As i said it is different from normal fatigue.This is the problem with the car

I did not find any problem while driving Brio . May be it has to do with the pedals height
Yup not a problem in any honda car.I have driven all of them and have never faced this issue.

May be we can use half mat that does not extend below the pedals.To prevent it from slipping we can use a heavier mat or use lot of velcro to stick it to the carpet.
This may solve the problem.

I tried using to engage clutch keeping the foot on floor but was not possible as the pedals are on high position

@Gurrala74;

here are some quotes from another forum.As i said a common problem in ritz-

Many congratulation on owning the 'Practical Swift' from Maruti stable a.k.a. 'Ritz'. I wish you thousands of happy miles on it.

Btw how are you finding the high pedal position in this car. Many have reported that it causes pain in the ankle if driven for long distances.

Clutch and Brake Pedal Placement - As reported by some Members earlier, i find the Clutch and the Brake Pedal to be a bit too high for my comfort. The Clutch Pedal is more higher than the Brake Pedal. On a recent long drive, the area around my ankle started paining. Am planning to put an extra aftermarket Floor Mat to get around this Issue. Hopefully it will help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #57
Thank you all for the valuable inputs and IR too reminding me of my age[lol] I am just 38 buddy and lot of juice is left in me[;)].

I have two things now to address this.

1. Called Maruti and fixed an appointment to check the clutch within next two days

2. Try and drive some other car in the same stretch which I drove today(my native 140km) and see what happens. Today also I am back with the same pain, but not too much as I had some rest for my left leg as the traffic was not there and took some break while travelling

Thread Starter #58
Right now at Maruti service

checked the clutch issue with them and they have told clutch is fine and normal, but they said quite a few Ritz owners complained the same. They told me to try place a wooden piece under the mat beside the clutch as a dead pedal

I never face such issues with my Ertiga ZDI. In long runs it is always best to take a small brake after 100-150kms of non-stop diving , I do follow same technique when ever am riding . This is working for me since long time.

I think its the seating position much of a cause then the leg itself.
I get the same when I am not even driving the car but sitting inside my mate's Ford Territory (SUV)
Try to drive your friend's car and see if you get the same problem. dont drive the exact same car though

Top Bottom