Driving and Left Leg Pain!!

Thread Starter #31
@Pradeep

Do you mean to say that more distance from clutch will create a pain ?? I need to look into this.

I found some solution for my problem, I was using a water pillow from the beginning, but stopped using it from this summer as the same was very hot. I have again started using it from today where my thigh support is improved a bit and there is a bit difference in strain. I also need to adjust the seat to bit close to the steering as I pulled it completely back these days. Still I feel clutch is bit hard need to go to MASS to check it

... I also need to adjust the seat to bit close to the steering as I pulled it completely back these days. ...
Gurrala, I think it is better to sit as far as possible (and comfortable) from the steering. It is recommended for safety. Plus I noticed people who enjoy driving sit farther away compared to people drive because they have to.
All my don't-enjoy-driving friends sit closer to the steering than I do. And all of them taller than me. You know me, 'tall guy' (6 ft minus 9 inches).
I feel relaxed when I am far from the steering. I sit low, I mean adjust the seat height to lowest position, so that I can reach the pedals comfortably.
Try that.

Bro,the water pillow, i think you where used to it.
You where using a different part of the muscle and ligament to push the clutch with the water pillow on your seat,
This muscle part would have got used and strengthened on continues use.
But when you took off the pillow other muscle part and ligament came on action which is new in action and will tire fast as they are new to the job resulting the pain.
When the clutch was new it was smooth and it hardened day by day,
you never knew the hardening as you where using it everyday,
But without the pillow you tried to engage the clutch with ease with same pressure on the clutch on a different angle engaging different type of muscle part and ligaments.
This may cause pain.

Source an orthopedic physician , my friend who works at Tvm medical college as Asst professor Ortho Dept.

I would suggest to use the water pillow till you change to a new soft clutch.

Last edited:
@gurrala
yes the seating position does make a difference. The reason behind is that if the clutch is far one need to stretch out legs and prolonged stretching gives an acute pain(this is what my ortho told me). Keeping the seating position at a correct and comfortable position will do good. Hard clutch may also be the factor that creates pain. Follow your ortho's advice and if there ain't a change in pain better replace your clutch.[:)]

Thread Starter #35
@Alex,

+100, Yes I even feel the same about the muscles issue. Its been a long time I have seen you on the forum man. Since you have Ritz, you understand what I am talking about and thank you for that kind explaination

@Johnyboy and @Pradeep than you for your inputs, I will update the thread once I visit the MASS and also I am travelling on the same 150km stretch tomorrow again with a water pillow under my thighs and let us see how it goes this time.

@Alex,

+100, Yes I even feel the same about the muscles issue. Its been a long time I have seen you on the forum man. Since you have Ritz, you understand what I am talking about and thank you for that kind explanation
Bro , right from the day i joined the forum i was against, using a pillow or anything like that while driving as it gets used to us and will get difficult to drive without it.
Bro in my case there is no personal car for me , the car which is free without a trip or not gone for rent is my car for the day,so if i am used of a pillow like accessory to drive a car then what will be my situation?
so i suggest , once the clutch is worn out and you change your clutch to a soft new one do get rid of the pillow and get used to the original.

I too witness some pain in knee, my daily driving is 60KM on Ertiga Diesel. I was inquiring about driving class for my wife at MASS and asked whether Ertiga Diesel will be suitable car for her to drive as I get some pain because of dense traffic.

Then he has asked me to show on simulator how I use to drive during traffic, what he observed that while pressing the clutch and brake by foot have no contact with car floor. He suggested use the ball joint to apply clutch and brake. Refer the attached.

Attachments

Thread Starter #38
@ErtigaZMR

Thank you for the inputs, I will examine that how I am using the clutch all the time and correct it as shown by you.[:)]

@ErtigaZMR

Thank you for the inputs, I will examine that how I am using the clutch all the time and correct it as shown by you.[:)]
My observation, always wear nice quality shoe having amount of cushion and comfy. Once I drove around 600KM using bathroom slippers, trust me it was hurting in night.

I too witness some pain in knee, my daily driving is 60KM on Ertiga Diesel. I was inquiring about driving class for my wife at MASS and asked whether Ertiga Diesel will be suitable car for her to drive as I get some pain because of dense traffic.

Then he has asked me to show on simulator how I use to drive during traffic, what he observed that while pressing the clutch and brake by foot have no contact with car floor. He suggested use the ball joint to apply clutch and brake. Refer the attached.
Thanks for the input. However, I doubt of a possibility of having the heal placed in the floor while using clutch & brake. Accelerator yes, that's how it's done.

Have you tried it?

Thanks for the input. However, I doubt of a possibility of having the heal placed in the floor while using clutch & brake. Accelerator yes, that's how it's done.

Have you tried it?
I am trying it but not very successful in this. This was told by Maruti driving school so somehow I feel he is right.

I am trying it but not very successful in this. This was told by Maruti driving school so somehow I feel he is right.
I don't think it's practically not possible. I have tried it earlier and not successful.

BTW, hope you know that Maruti Driving School teaches many things which aren't, rather shouldn't be done at all. [clap]

What Ertiga_ZMR has written is the correct way,but you need long foot for that!I tried teaching my wife use the clutch using the ball of the foot method,but she couldn't do it due to short feet,so I had to make a compromise on our new car and booked an Automatic.

Have you tried it?
That is possible, I do same thing for all cars I have driven so far. Also depends on length of your foot(shoe size). I wear size 10[:D].

Usually I use left foot for Clutch(rest on floor when on in use, I use very less clutch)
Right foot I toggle between Brake and Accelerator putting the heel grounded at one place.
Hope I am clear.

Friends,

I do not know where to post this query, since it is about driving and thought to put my question here.

Off late I am sensing some serious pain in my left leg after driving my Ritz diesel in following scenarios

1. Bumper to bumper traffic drive in city for around 40 to 5okm
2. A long trip of some 150km involved with some narrow roads, potholed roads, speed breakers, some village/town traffic

Recently I drove for this 150km trip twice to same place on alternate days and now feeling my leg pains a lot

Is the above situation is common or something wrong with my clutch, my driving style or something else. Hope to get an answer from fellow friends on this
From what i can figure out the pain you are talking about is in the left leg ankle.
If this is so i and my father also experience the pain in our ritz.
The pain is not unbearable but irritating.
In other forums i had read that many ppl face this issue in ritz/wagon r due to high placement of pedals.I do not face this issue in other cars.

You have owned the car for a long time.Is it only recently you have faced this issue ?

Top Bottom