Driving and Left Leg Pain!!

Thread Starter #1
Friends,

I do not know where to post this query, since it is about driving and thought to put my question here.

Off late I am sensing some serious pain in my left leg after driving my Ritz diesel in following scenarios

1. Bumper to bumper traffic drive in city for around 40 to 5okm
2. A long trip of some 150km involved with some narrow roads, potholed roads, speed breakers, some village/town traffic

Recently I drove for this 150km trip twice to same place on alternate days and now feeling my leg pains a lot

Is the above situation is common or something wrong with my clutch, my driving style or something else. Hope to get an answer from fellow friends on this

Re: Left Leg Pain !!

Friends,

I do not know where to post this query, since it is about driving and thought to put my question here.

Off late I am sensing some serious pain in my left leg after driving my Ritz diesel in following scenarios

2. A long trip of some 150km involved with some narrow roads, potholed roads, speed breakers, some village/town traffic

Recently I drove for this 150km trip twice to same place on alternate days and now feeling my leg pains a lot

Is the above situation is common or something wrong with my clutch, my driving style or something else. Hope to get an answer from fellow friends on this
Problem can be both in the clutch and,your leg too . Go to a orthopaedic and take his suggestion. And also show the car and its clutch to someone knowledgeable.

Friends,

Certainly the clutch needs an inspection however more importantly a visit to an orthopaedic is called for.

At times this can be a early sign of developing lower back problems and the sooner its remediated the better.

Drive healthy.

Regards

Thread Starter #4
Yes, if it is a health concern I am sure I am checking with doctors on that. My question is whether other members also experienced this anytime ?? Is this related to the clutch problem ?? or is this with the ritz seating position and pedals angle against legs ??

350Z

Core Team
My question is whether other members also experienced this anytime ?? Is this related to the clutch problem ?? or is this with the ritz seating position and pedals angle against legs ??
This is an issue I too suffer from whenever driving in traffic for long hours. The softness of clutch and seating position plays an important role but since you mentioned ‘of late’, I doubt if either of them are the culprit in this case.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
@Vibhor

Is an Automatic transmission is the solution for this or a dead pedal, because when I drove the Isuzu pick up some time back within that same 150km stretch I felt very comfortable may be due to its seating position as well the dead pedal equipped. Today I drove a Sunny AT and was really effort less in thick traffic, but only issue was if the car would equipped with a dead pedal then could have been more good

depends on which area of your left leg is affected.
if it is the joints, then it could be cramps because of regular pressing of the clutch pedal. or physical atttributes

if it is the calf muscles, then it could be attributed to the stiffness in the clutch system.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
@superbad

The pain at the lower joint, I think it is called ankle joint and the portion (muscles) above that before next joint

Sir, I would put my 2 cents -

1. Ritz (D) clutch is harder than even Indica/Indigo(not Vista/Manza). In fact it is hardest of all in Maruti stable.

2. Get yourself an automatic.[:D]. I saw your were searching one.

3. Kindly consult a good Orthopedic/Physiotherapist. A knee cap while driving will ease your pain.

Hope this helps,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #10
@anshuman

Thank you for your inputs. I did not know till now that Ritz diesel clutch is the hardest[frustration] What is the solution for this

I was searching for the Automatic sedan for my Senior colleague and we bought a Sunny AT yesterday.

My pain is not that unbearable but yes it irritates me and I loose interest driving my car often

I would suggest just you visit an Orthopedic just as a precautionary measure.

Secondly get your clutch check and thirdly try bringing some variations to your seating positions.

it seems its your calf muscles.

this happens when the ankles are under stress. most probably from hard clutch.

you can
1) consult a physician
2) take rest of around 2-3 days from driving you rcar
3) get the clutch system checked for hardness.

by 3 days or so , you leg would be fine , then check up on the lightness of clutch.

Thread Starter #13
Thank you Superbad and Singhji for the inputs. I would like to explain how this clutch operation I experience in my car.

The pedals are not in same line where you just push them forward, I need to step my foot on them every time while operating and put it down back which is like lifting the leg up and pressing the clutch and keep it down and the same looks bit abnormal to me every time.

It is not like 30 deg or 45 deg angle push, but it is like 70 to 80 deg pressing and keeping down again. So what is your experience of yours in your respective rides, do you do the same like me or differently

Before visiting the orthopedic Dr , do two things
1)get the clutch checked with a force meter at MASS.
IF the pressure required to press the clutch is bellow 14 then it's normal IMO.(please follow MSIL criteria ) check the clutch after a b2b drive again see if force meter(pic posted bellow) shows changes in reading.

2) TD a TD ritz during b 2 b traffic and note the difference in the feeling.

3) improve the under thigh support & butt support of your ritz's seat with a cushion (any ) , if the pain eases off, then there is possibility of orthopedic problem.

[QUOTE=anshuman8;315025] A knee cap while driving will ease your pain
Anshuman[/QUOTE]
Knee cap without doc's consultation can lead to different problems in long run .However the pain area isn't related to knee or knee cap.

Attachments

Last edited:
My left leg pains too when I am in heavy traffic in my Fluidic Verna. Rest when there is normal traffic there is no problem. I guess in my case the traffic is the culprit and not the clutch. Even if the clutch is the culprit then the HASS will first of all not accept the fault and say 'Saar this clutch is okey.' And even if they find a faulty clutch then they will say 'Saar Clutch is not covered under warranty'

Top Bottom