Driver Arrested For Blocking Ambulance's Path!

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr_Aglk3vds
Police in India have arrested an SUV driver who refused to move for an ambulance carrying a newborn baby who was struggling to breath.

Video of the incident has gripped the country since last week, with the country’s media covering the incident and video from the ambulance of the Ford Ecosport SUV going viral.

"When it reached near Rajagiri Hospital at Chunangamvely, a car came in front of us blocking our way. The driver didn't allow us to overtake the car. The lights and sirens were on and despite repeated honking, he refused to allow us to overtake him," explained the driver of the ambulance after the incident.

He said that a journey that would normally have taken the crew 15-20 minutes took more than 35, because the SUV blocked the emergency vehicle for over two-and-a-half miles.
Video Credit: TIMES NOW

Link

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yes, it happened one week back in Kochi (Kerala). The Driver of the car, Aluva native Nirmal Jose told the cops that he was trying to prevent other vehicles from coming in the way of the ambulance by piloting it through the traffic.

Read:

Yes, it happened one week back in Kochi (Kerala). The Driver of the car, Aluva native Nirmal Jose told the cops that he was trying to prevent other vehicles from coming in the way of the ambulance by piloting it through the traffic.

Read:
May be true because he is driving his car with hazard lights on but how far it is correct questionable.

May be true because he is driving his car with hazard lights on but how far it is correct questionable.
How can it be true? It was a shameful act of racing with an ambulance. Ambulance itself is empowered to go ahead then why would someone put his hazard light on for that. Its clear he's trying to give unreasonable reasons as he's caught red handed. Actually because of his blocking, ambulance came late to the hospital if you read the article. I didn't read the article but read this in newspaper.

I see no reason why the silly driver blocking the AMBULANCE.

When will the people of INDIA will understand the importance of such Vehicles.

If that guy had indulged in such an act in the Gulf country where he works, he would have been stoned to death by now. Imagine what would have happened if the infant in ambulance had died.
Having said that, I wonder why he put on the hazard lights? May be he genuinely thought he was doing good deed by piloting the ambulance[surprise].I can think of no other reason for him to switch on the hazard lights. He piloted the ambulance for 2 1/2 miles from Rajagiri Hospital. Was the road not congested after that ? If he did give way once the road was not congested, then there is truth in his statement else he is lying.

If that guy had indulged in such an act in the Gulf country where he works, he would have been stoned to death by now. Imagine what would have happened if the infant in ambulance had died.
Having said that, I wonder why he put on the hazard lights? May be he genuinely thought he was doing good deed by piloting the ambulance[surprise].I can think of no other reason for him to switch on the hazard lights. He piloted the ambulance for 2 1/2 miles from Rajagiri Hospital. Was the road not congested after that ? If he did give way once the road was not congested, then there is truth in his statement else he is lying.
Probably he put the hazard lights for himself and not for the ambulance.

kkn13

Suspended
Im confused, I saw the video a couple of times and if not for the end where the ambulance pulls up next to him, it seems he was helping
Video is of poor quality so its a bit tougher to see

It could also be, he might be taking advantage to cut across traffic

EDIT- This video is a bit clearer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMXB1NIFHKA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL6IIPOvvuQ

I take back my words, he was blocking
Seems he was taking advantage imho

Last edited:

Top Bottom