Dr.Albur Quits from Mercedes Benz (Now Peter Honegg Too)

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
This piece of news pops up as a huge surprise. The man behind Merc’s recent success in India has decided to quit all of sudden.
Dr.Wilfried Aulbur, managing director and CEO of Mercedes-Benz India Ltd has recently resigned from his post. It is not clear what prompted Aulbur to leave but his sudden departure has meant that Daimler AG is yet to announce a replacement to head its Indian operations.

"With the construction of the new factory and several additional projects close to approval, Aulbur has decided to accept a new challenge outside of the Daimler group within India," the company said in a statement. "During his tenure, Mercedes-Benz established its presence in the truck and the bus business and significantly expanded its research and sourcing operations in India," it added.

However, Aulbur will stay with Mercedes-Benz India till a successor is identified to ensure a smooth transition. Aulbur took over as the head of Mercedes-Benz India on January 1, 2006 and has been responsible for shaking the company out of its complacency to effectively meet serious challenges from BMW and Audi. In Aulbur’s reign, Mercedes has achieved record sales figures with a flurry of new models and is presently the market leader in the premium car segment. However, according to company sources, the aggressive pricing strategy that was adopted to achieve market share, came at the expense of profitability. Apart from his professional connection, Aulbur also has close personal ties to India, being married since 1997 to Rekha Srinivasan who comes from Chennai.

Aulbur had long stints in India which go back a decade when, between 2000 and 2002, Aulbur headed the Business Development and Strategy function at the Mercedes-Benz Research and Development Center India (Bangalore). The biggest contribution of Aulbur is possible the ‘Indianness’ he brought to his company thanks to his background. His ability to connect with the local people made him popular within the company and the dealer fraternity. It is not clear where Aulbur is headed but according to the grapevine he will be moving to a new assignment, completely out of the automobile sector, but plans to stay in India.

Source: Autocar

DSC00724.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
Re: Dr.Wilfried Albur Resigns from Mercedes Benz (Now Peter Honegg Too)

Mr.Eberhard Kern has now took over as CEO and Managing Director of Mercedes Benz India succeeding Mr.Peter Honegg.
Mr. Peter Honegg said:
I have had a short but memorable India experience. It is a colorful land with warm and friendly people- and of course extremely well informed and demanding customers. However I am happy that I am leaving the company in very able hands of a veteran - Mr. Eberhard Kern who has seen almost as much of Daimler, as I have at a far lesser age. We started quite a few initiatives that have given dividends and I am sure they will be further sharpened under leadership of Eberhard Kern."
Mr. Eberhard Kern said:
I inherit a very strong organization in this market where Mercedes-Benz is held in highest esteem. Our production facility is one of the best in the Mercedes-Benz world; our product line-up is exciting and holds tremendous potential. The New Generation Cars from the Mercedes stable will, in my opinion, play a pivotal role and our wide network of dealers are poised to support the growth. In short, the fundamentals are strong and we look forward to sustained profitable growth in the next years.
Peter-Honegg-Mercedes-India.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom