Door Scuff Plates for Honda Jazz

Re: Illuminated Door Scuff Plates for Honda Jazz

Okay firstly, I feel the 1st/2nd scuff plates are better due to the side lines beside the word city. They will look excellent at night.
Now, I got it done from an accessory shop in kolkata. They charged me 1800 in all. It took around an hour to get it installed. The connection is made to the door. Whenever you open the door it lights up, even during daytime. No cutting of wires were required. From what I understood its more like a plug n play technique. The door beading was removed & they slid the wires through it & pasted the scuff plates. They assured me that water won't cause any problem while washing the car or in monsoons. Time will tell....
The dimming feature of the cabin light is still working fine as it used to so i suppose its not connected from it. They had asked me if I wanted to make the connection to the side lights, so that it would glow only at night. But i opted for the door connection. Hope it solves your queries. If required I could give you the no of the guy who did it, you could speak to him & get a detailed idea...

Cheers
Jazzy
Hey Jazzy this is my 1st post i joined this forum after reading your about your Jazz and pictures posted by you. I must admit your Jazz looks fabulous with all accessories and sunfilm. I have also booked a Jazz from Pinnacle Honda on 16th of this month and waiting for the delivery. After watching these scuff plates of yours i wanted it to be installed in mine as well and the dealer quoted me 8500 for it and when i asked them if i install it from a local shop as i may get it at lower price they said that it may affect the electrical warranty of my car. I wanted to know from you is it true what they told me?

Thread Starter #32
Shivi,
As I said I got it done from outside where no 'cutting' of wires were required. Went for 3rd service recently, Honda didn't say anything after seeing the new fitment. I guess its fine. Its worth the money, get it done from auto junction, harish mukherjee road

Guys any help over the Door Scuff for Scropio? Dealer is charging 770 which is plain and no illuminations.
Where can i get one from Bang?

Wow - My ignorance is super, I never knew such an accessory exists. Its looking awesome [clap]. lets see whats the maruti folks quote for it.

Thread Starter #37
gdave,

Many congrats, doesn't it feel good? I sometimes don't feel like shutting the door at night :) It is indeed looking excellent....cheers

gdave,

Many congrats, doesn't it feel good? I sometimes don't feel like shutting the door at night :) It is indeed looking excellent....cheers
I never felt having problem while closing the door. It is perfect . Now a days I started to clean the door area too while doing a car wash for the best look [:)].

Top Bottom