Does your Maruti Suzuki car rattle? Please answer YES/NO

Yes,It is less than 1 year old
Yes,It is 1+ year old
Yes,It is 2+ year old
Yes,It is 3+ year old
Yes,It is 4+ year old
Yes,It is 5+ year old
NO,I am lucky :)

If YES then please mention what is the problem?Also mention if you found any solution to your problem and if possible how you resolved it.

Re: Does your Maruti Suzuki car rattle?

Rattles and Marutis are married to each other. Almost all marutis do rattle just depending upon how nicely you handle your car so that it starts rattling a little later in it's life. On the other side I have an example on one of my colleague who happens to own a SX4 done about 40K and ir around 4 yr old. He has taken his car to Leh and almost all hill stations of north and I can't hear a squeak from his car leave alone rattles. So, it differes from car to car but swifts and wagano R are the most rattle prone models from Maruti stable.

freakdude.

350Z

Core Team

My answer – Yes. It’s been over five years and my car has gradually developed squeaks and rattles of all kinds. But now I’m habitual to them. This issue could have been overlooked considering that 800 was the cheapest offering in country, so minor quality niggles are bound to come but surprisingly, it was not this particular car alone. Our relatives / friends who own a Maruti Suzuki car have also reported certain rattling issues and so does some of the TAI members too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Another one with a 5+ years old car and Yes, Marutis generally rattle. The reasons vary and also depends on where and how you drive. I have a 5 year old swift which rattles but not too much. You can hear the door panels and sometimes boot door panel sounding unpleasant. I have reported it a lot of times and every time it comes back from servicing it stays clean for few drives and then comes back to unwanted singing [:)]
I have a close friend whose Swift started rattling as soon as it was an year old, because of his aggressive driving and paying no respect to omnipresent potholes!

You can trying changing the suspension and tries. The rattling will reduce to an extent. But rattling is mostly due to cheaper and lighter plastics in the dash board. All cars do rattle but Maruti's rattle faster!!!

This is true for Zen, 800 and Alto cars.

Well for me all cars rattles but others develop this trait little late than Maruti. Main reason could be that they are made of cheap material to bring production cost down.

* By cheap I meant quality of product or items being used during production.

Thread Starter #7
My 5+ year old Zen has 2 rattles. The door opener and Front Left window glass rattles. [:)]

A very cheap and DIY solution to all rattle facers [:)]. Just buy enough yoga mat to cover your all doors and boot. Take the door panels out and cut yoga mat according to door shape and size and insert this yoga mat b/w metal door and door panel. The mat should be thick enough so that the door panel fits tightly. Viola. Rattle reduced by almost 80%. I have done this to few friends cars (swifts and wagon R) and we all agreed that rattles indeed reduced. Yoga may can be easily sourced from Big Bazaar or similar shops and is fairly cheap.

freakdude.

@ freakdude, thanks for the DIY. Have heard about this before but never tried.

My 3 year old Alto has a rattle from right front door. Except this no problem what so ever. Touchwood [:)]

350Z

Core Team
You can trying changing the suspension and tries. The rattling will reduce to an extent.
The main noise is actually inside the car itself than anything else. I’m sure the loose interior plastic parts are the biggest culprit here.

A very cheap and DIY solution to all rattle facers. Just buy enough yoga mat to cover your all doors and boot. Take the door panels out and cut yoga mat according to door shape and size and insert this yoga mat b/w metal door and door panel. The mat should be thick enough so that the door panel fits tightly. Viola. Rattle reduced by almost 80%. I have done this to few friends cars (swifts and wagon R) and we all agreed that rattles indeed reduced. Yoga may can be easily sourced from Big Bazaar or similar shops and is fairly cheap.

freakdude.
Great tip for those who’re having trouble with rattles in doors and boot. In my case - the glove box has become slightly loose which creates a rattling sound. Also I recently discovered that there is something squeaking behind lower end of front bumper. Still trying to figure out what it could be.

Drive Safe,
350Z

My 2.5 yr Alto has one rattling source ie the Parcel tray on which the speakers are mounted. The issue has been resolved after tightening the screws.

The only sounds that come up in my 2006 Alto is from the left lower arm which is probably busted(second time but no surprise since I drive hard.) with the crater filled roads of Kerala, The other sound is the jittering speakers when I play Music at half volume. The speakers got cooked when I played 'Woofer Cooker' at high volume.

If you dont fix too many add ons and change bushes and things, I dont think there will be much rattles in an Alto. The situation is quite different in an 800 and in an Omni though, They are like rattle snakes on wheels.[lol] My previous 800 needed to get its dashboard tightened to prevent rattling every now and then, so was the case with the doors.

Last edited:
I had a good long relationship with Swift Diesel for 2 yrs. And rattling was present from the 1st week of purchase. Maruti cars are very light and materials used does not put confidence to rugged use. Myself every 5000kms during service, made sure all those rattles are fixed and nuts/screws tightened. Most frequent rattling was on Dashboard, rear parcel tray and doors panels. Surakshaa (Bommanahalli-Lokesh) makes sure the rattles are absent when you give the car for service. So, I had to live with it.

I checked out for some dampners like Dynamat, Noise Kill. Few of the owners were satisfied with them. But, did not try them.
However you should be sure the professionals to do the installations rather than local folks.

If you dont fix too many add ons and change bushes and things, I dont think there will be much rattles in an Alto..
I agree with you totally. I have not seen much of rattle issues with Alto. This is the feedback from my uncle's and my friend's Alto as well.

Rattles and Marutis are married to each other. Almost all marutis do rattle just depending upon how nicely you handle your car so that it starts rattling a little later in it's life. On the other side I have an example on one of my colleague who happens to own a SX4 done about 40K and ir around 4 yr old. He has taken his car to Leh and almost all hill stations of north and I can't hear a squeak from his car leave alone rattles. So, it differes from car to car but swifts and wagano R are the most rattle prone models from Maruti stable.

freakdude.
well I think new and expensive marutis dont have any rattles..you cant expect rattles from kizashi!!

Top Bottom