Does Warranty Applies from Date of Purchase or Date of Manufacture?

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

i own a figo
can some one confirm whether 3rd warranty contract starts from date of manufacture of the vechicle or date purchase .

My Vehicle Manufacture date was 31/3/2012 and i got contract till 31/3/2015
But i bought vehicle on 18/6/2012 so i should get till 18/6/2015,
please i need inputs on this

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 3rd year warranty Queries

For GM; it is generally its the date of registration, but company wise it may differ.

Hi All,

i own a figo
can some one confirm whether 3rd warranty contract starts from date of manufacture of the vechicle or date purchase ..

My Vehicle Manfac date was 31/3/2012 and i got contract till 31/3/2015
But i bought vehicle on 18/6/2012 so i should get till 18/6/2015,,,
please i need inputs on this
First of all, congrats for your new ride. According to what I know, third year warranty starts from date of purchase and not date of manufacture. Check with your dealer for the same.

Thread Starter #4

Ayez: i have checked with the dealer,dealer is saying like this:

""""we have lot of stock in our yard,,so we need to clear that ,,based on the supply from Ford,,we have committed to ford that the vehicle (which i bought) was already sold,"""[frustration]
and asking to maintain friendly relation so that we can help u if u have any problems once warranty expires,NOW only they are treating customers as bakara,once warranty expired they will not look at least,

Last edited by a moderator:

Ayez: i have checked with the dealer,,dealer is saying like this:

""""we have lot of stock in our yard,,so we need to clear that ,,based on the supply from Ford,,we have committed to ford that the vehicle (which i bought) was already sold,,,"""[frustration]
and asking to maintain friendly relation so that we can help u if u have any problems once warranty expires,,,NOW only they are treating customers as bakara,,,once warranty expired they will not look at least,,,,
Whatever dealer says is wrong. The warranty period only comes into effect from the date of sales invoice on your name. You can fight with him or with the company on this legally !!

Whatever dealer says is wrong. The warranty period only comes into effect from the date of sales invoice on your name. You can fight with him or with the company on this legally !!
Very True. The dealer is legally bound to serve you for the period of 3 years starting the date of purchase (on your invoice). Don't fall for any excuses given by the dealership people.

freakdude.

Ayez: i have checked with the dealer,,dealer is saying like this:

""""we have lot of stock in our yard,,so we need to clear that ,,based on the supply from Ford,,we have committed to ford that the vehicle (which i bought) was already sold,,,"""[frustration]
and asking to maintain friendly relation so that we can help u if u have any problems once warranty expires,,,NOW only they are treating customers as bakara,,,once warranty expired they will not look at least,,,,
Do not fall for their words. They wont bother once the vehicle is out of their premises. Ask them to rectify the date in the warranty card.

The warranty always starts from the date of purchase, that means the date you had signed on the dotted lines

in case if its not mentioned on your warranty letter expiry date that means legally ur dealer has to stand by till the end of the period.

you may talk to your dealer and tell him about taking him to the court or complaining this to ford and media, it might workout, was this warranty a Ford warranty or dealership private warranty ??

In case if you wish to have nos of some senior people of ford in hyd kindly let me know.

checked with the dealer,dealer is saying like this:.... asking to maintain friendly relation so that we can help u if u have any problems once warranty expires
Complain to FORD now itself.

Once warranty expairs, dealer will not even listen to you and by that time it will be too late to complain to FORD also

The Warranty begin's from the date of Purchase, write a mail to Ford India regarding this issue, The Dealer is just trying to pull a fast one on you.

Warranty starts from the date of registration and not on date of purchase. You should write a mail to Ford India customer care. Within 2-3 days time you will get a prompt call from either Ford India or the Dealer.

Do not fall for words & always have it in writing.

Top Bottom