Does Upsizing Wheels & Tires from OE Size Void Warranty?

Arkin, I have i20 OE alloys on my i10. I have also upgraded the tyres to 185 60 R14 which is a perfect match to i10 stock tyres. The ride quality is much better with the upgrades. Plus, there is road noise reduction and better grip (experienced when driving on highways during rains).

I would suggest swap the i20 alloys with the i10 rims + upgrade the i10 tyres to 185 60 R14 (Yoko A-Drive/S-Drive - performance tyres or Michelin XM1+ energy).

Thread Starter #17
^That's exactly what I want to do. Just that the damn warranty may not be honored.
I spoke to my dad and he said its OK and we can take the risk on the i10.
He agreed that it is better to go in for 14" Alloys of the same size as the OE alloys for the i20. I wanted to go in for 15 inchers, but then it is better to take a lower risk.

The final decision will be taken after we take the newer car's delivery.

Yes it does.

Correct pcd matched / brand alloys dont affect.

Say neo/aura supply wheels for tata. if you buy from tata , you dont affect warrenty.
But if you buy aura from any accesory dealer they say you are out of warrenty

some buy the negative offset wheels in cars , they do give strain to nukkles - change the nukkles once in 2 year - simple.

Thread Starter #19
What do you mean by " -ve offset wheels" and "strain to the nukkles". I could not get you. I shall check out the alloys available at the dealer, but will most probably go for after-market alloys.

What do you mean by " -ve offset wheels" and "strain to the nukkles". I could not get you. I shall check out the alloys available at the dealer, but will most probably go for after-market alloys.
"-ve off wheels" are wheels which looks completely out of the car's body,which can be seen in a Scorpio,Bolero,Safari,etc.
By having those type of wheels,it causes strain to the bolts and knuckles in the suspension and tyres when the tyres hit bumpy roads.

Thread Starter #21
Oh I see! I don't want -ve offsets.
BTW, I've heard 15 inchers can better the ride quality and steering response of the i20. What say, guys?

Oh I see! I don't want -ve offsets.
BTW, I've heard 15 inchers can better the ride quality and steering response of the i20. What say, guys?
I have seen couple of i20s in Chennai with negative offset wheels,and those rims looked like 15",and it was not so appealing as a SUV.
Yesterday,I saw a Dzire with 15" negative offset wheels,which made it look like floating when it was driven over a bridge with small bumps.

Top Bottom