Does Sales Figures of a Car Matter in Your Buying Decision?

Does Sales Figures of a Car Influence Your Buying Decision?

• Total voters
Yep Raja what I said was "Time to start research or checking the next best seller!" This covers both mentalities. If one needs easy way, start looking for the next best seller [;)]
Car sales figure falling does not particularly means that car have some issue, it can also means that market have become more competitive and there are other options available at same price bracket.

There must be following reasons for "best selling car, sales are falling"

- The competition offer more this best seller
- constant issues with the car and question of long term reliability, where people understand that in long run it is not a VFM anymore
- Initial buying hype is over and people start realising the actual things of the car, this point is related with herd

Can you elaborate on ' not anymore part of your comment.
Answer below...

There must be following reasons for "best selling car, sales are falling"

- The competition offer more this best seller
- constant issues with the car and question of long term reliability, where people understand that in long run it is not a VFM anymore
- Initial buying hype is over and people start realising the actual things of the car, this point is related with herd
....and also note there is a [;)], that means the answer given in lighter sense, you don't have to take it literally.

Last edited:
Now , this is for both groups those who say that ' sales figures matter ' and those who say it' does'nt.'

What about the number of the cars which comes for resale within a period of 1 year after buying the pirticular car?
Do we need to assume that high sellers also come to resale market in high numbers ?
Or we have to consider relative differnce between sales figures and resale figures of high sellers and low sellers ?

I would prefer to buy a high seller as a second hand car because as a business man i am more concerned of the re- resale on the car i buy.
But I suggest a Punto (just for example) first hand buyer to buy a second hand (one year old) Punto as the second hand price will be very low,
and nothing will happen to Punto in an year and will be as fresh as new.

In the second car business every car sells,even premier padmini/Audi sells.

Last edited:
One more example to be shared on this thread

We are just about to buy a Sunny CVT in next week where I don't think its a best seller in that segment when compared to other cars, but there are lot of plus points to it and we liked it for its huge space and behavior on road and we barely considered its sales numbers while this decision[:)] and never thought of its resale value as we need the driving pleasure till we keep it with us.

We are just about to buy a Sunny CVT in next week where I don't think its a best seller in that segment when compared to other cars, but there are lot of plus points to it and we liked it for its huge space and behavior on road and we barely considered its sales numbers while this decision[:)] and never thought of its resale value as we need the driving pleasure till we keep it with us.
+100 to that. There are several cars which don't do good when it comes to numbers on the sales chart but actually owning and driving them is all time fun.

BTW: Sunny is a nice car. You won't run out of space for sure[:)] and is comfortable as well. Had a chance to drive one last month.

Sunny used to sell 3k mark units until duster was launhed and the whole market which was inclined towards SUV. But if you ask me Sunny is a supereb car from Nissan. It has a huge fan following in my friend's circle.

Top Bottom