Does Sales Figures of a Car Matter in Your Buying Decision?

Does Sales Figures of a Car Influence Your Buying Decision?

• Total voters
Was talking to a friend this morning and surprised to note a news

Swift D with Rs.10000/- discount and immediate delivery[surprise]
Don't know about discounts, but when I was enquiring for Ritz for my friend (who now bought Punto) SA informed that SwiftD available and also delivery within 2 weeks. [;)]

@Alex

I have checked up with a dealer here and it is on 2013 model. Yes there is a huge production during last six months and bookings have fallen down as it was 2012 year end and also people are booking more petrols than diesels these days[lol] even God cannot predict a Indian buyer

@Alex

I have checked up with a dealer here and it is on 2013 model. Yes there is a huge production during last six months and bookings have fallen down as it was 2012 year end and also people are booking more petrols than diesels these days[lol] even God cannot predict a Indian buyer
RK,
If petrol then why did they lock out their petrol production plant?

@Alex

I have just shared the talk between me and a person at dealership, how do I know why Maruti locked out the petrol production plant[confused]

Was talking to a friend this morning and surprised to note a news

Swift D with Rs.10000/- discount and immediate delivery[surprise]
This information belongs to a different thread.

Don't know about discounts, but when I was enquiring for Ritz for my friend (who now bought Punto) SA informed that SwiftD available and also delivery within 2 weeks.
@Alex

RK,
If petrol then why did they lock out their petrol production plant?
@Alex

I have just shared the talk between me and a person at dealership, how do I know why Maruti locked out the petrol production plant[confused]
RK,
It was in the news that we shared here in the forum, may be they re-opened it, the latter news never comes in big headings.
See, Gurrala sir, what one OT can do. Guys let's stick to the thread.

@FD,

It is not OT my friend, just browse back few posts, you will notice a lot of discussion on Swift D and an analysis of members for its high sales, so this news will fit well and it make us think again why such discounts were offered for a car which is high in its sales numbers[:)] hope I explained it correctly

@ FD
Not OT bro, it came in as the part of the discussion.
Normally a discount is given to bad sellers to promote the sales,if it is given to a best seller then i think this is the thread that this news is to be discussed.
I think Mods will agree to it.

@FD,

It is not OT my friend, just browse back few posts, you will notice a lot of discussion on Swift D and an analysis of members for its high sales, so this news will fit well and it make us think again why such discounts were offered for a car which is high in its sales numbers[:)] hope I explained it correctly
@ FD
Not OT bro, it came in as the part of the discussion.
Normally a discount is given to bad sellers to promote the sales,if it is given to a best seller then i think this is the thread that this news is to be discussed.
I think Mods will agree to it.

Guys, read my post again!! Regarding discounts news I mentioned it better belongs to another thread. I said OT on the useless discussion on plant opened or closed. Not going to post anymore on this as this itself would go OT then.

Guys, thought to pour in.
Firstly when we brought indica V2, 2004-05 year, those time diesel was not so much into demand with high maintenance costs, not easy to own and run, does require too much of care, these were common thoughts those years.Petrol vehicles were in demand, WagonR and Santro used to rull the sales charts.
Also our requirement never wanted a diesel vehicle as well.But what we got with checking out all shortlisted ones, this one filled our requirements and during the ownership process had some best experiences which i already shared.
So those years were never into diesel V/s petrol debates.
Options available then for diesel were Indica which was known for taxi cab operators vehicle, fiat Uno and Palio were the other options.
Ford fusion i guess was still selling and all of these were way above our budget.

To thread poster: No it doesn't matter to me, if i likes the performance and look of the car then i can go for it, yes of course it should meet my requirements too.

I have read here , few members concluding that if the car is consistently best seller then it has to be best. But what if the consistently best selling cars sales figures start falling ?

I have read here , few members concluding that if the car is consistently best seller then it has to be best. But what if the consistently best selling cars sales figures start falling ?
Simple, that means 'not anymore' [;)] Time to start research or checking the next best seller!

Top Bottom