Does Internet Influence Indian Car Buyers?

Does internet influence, people deciding about their cars, in India?

• Yes

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Does internet influence, average buyers deciding about their cars, in India?

A recent report shows it does infulence worldwide

Last edited:
I voted a 'Yes', based on folks who are internet savvy. I am purely taking this segment into consideration.

Cheers,
Vroom

350Z

Core Team
Definitely. Internet has become a part our routine and plays a major role in helping car buyers.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
I voted No, because in my view internet penetration is too low in India. But i am confident in future this will be the biggest source for any auto information.

350Z

Core Team
Gradually people are getting aware about the vast information available through online media in India. Even carmakers like Skoda have begun taking bookings online.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
Agree. If i remember correctly, even nano was booked online.
In metros & bigger cities, there is an influence, but in smaller cities, still it needs to pick-up.

Yes, and the forum is the best place to enquire because it is a place where the actual owners review the cars and not the manufacturers.Even when i had to go for my bike 6mons back, i thoroughly searched the forums so that my pick is a wise one.

Last edited:

Arun

Suspended
It does influence one's choices. People can't just roam around every showroom after a tiring day at work. The internet is a convenient option. You come across ownership reviews, test drive reports, complaints and also flaws in the said product which no dealer will tell you about.

I voted NO. Because of the same reason said by RSM. It might be true to some extent in bigger cities, but on all other areas its just word of mouth and personal interest and experience that matters.

Yeah even i used the internet before picking my verna!! I had plans of buying a Skoda octy and SX4 also!! But in in the internet i found that the octy is not happy to maintain and the SX4 has a poor FE accepted by the owners itself!!

Arun

Suspended
cooldhaya's post just proves my point.

The owner is the only one who knows the car in and out. Very few salesmen know what they are selling.

YES. It surely helps people who have an accesses to the Internet.

Now like a normal guy who has an access to internet,i have found out the right cars for myself in various budget ranges & that was possible in a short time just because of Internet.

guys it rurals places which buy cars on basis of dealers tell them but anytime net has become ultimate source of guidance for choosing our rides!!

Top Bottom