Does Internet Influence Indian Car Buyers?

Does internet influence, people deciding about their cars, in India?

• Yes

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

350Z

Core Team
The owner is the only one who knows the car in and out. Very few salesmen know what they are selling.
Even if the salesman is well informed about the flaws of the car he’s selling, he’ll never tell it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes Guys!

Only very few Sales man will know few technical aspects, some good & bad!

But they will support only the company they work for!

Beleive me, this is what every person who accompany me for the TD used to tell !

voted NO, as if we see this thread as to know about common man taking this into consideration no way internet is the source, infact its usually car next door,maruti the most and then hyundai comes second in sellecting their cars.Its a belief which comes long time for common man's mind, but yes things have started changing and hope it continues in more numbers and i can vote YES.

Thread Starter #19
Car buyers in India search the web for research

Just about one in 17 people may have access to the internet in India, but every third car buyer in the country’s top cities start their search on the world-wide web.

Four out of every 10 new car buyers and three in every 10 used car buyers use the internet to do their initial research before making the purchase, says a recent study by top internet company Google.

Narasimha Jaykumar, business head at Google India said -
The internet has become a powerful influencing mechanism for car consumers. There is an 87% increase in auto searches on Google and we get 25 million searches every month on the cars category alone.
Economictimes

Thread Starter #20
Tata Motors spokesman
Tata Nano is very active on Facebook and Twitter. We’ve also used a virtual marketing tool for promoting the Tata Indigo Manza and Indica Vista range. The online reputation management through social networking sites is the immediate barometer of effectiveness in the communications strategy. We get real-time reactions from the target group which gives us an understanding of an emerging trend. This also influences customer decisions which eventually gets translated into sales.
Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai Motor are using digital media in a big way to market their products. Hyundai started its digital initiative in 2009. Arvind Saxena, director (marketing & sales) at Hyundai Motor India, said the company plans to launch an i20 fan club for i20 customers.
This is being kicked off to bond our existing i20 customers with Hyundai and also make them loyal to Hyundai so that when they want to upgrade they consider Hyundai as their first choice. We are also looking at rural marketing to ge closer to tier 2 and tier 3 town customers to expand our reach and sales.
Maruti will leverage new age platforms like Affle SMS 2.0, mobile marketing through SMS, IVRS (interactive voice response system), digital video screens like OOH, LiveMedia, SocialMedia along with a consistent presence on key search platforms like Google, Yahoo! et all.

economictimes

I voted No, because in my view internet penetration is too low in India. But i am confident in future this will be the biggest source for any auto information.
I differ with you here. In fact I was also thinking in the same way till some 6 month back. I read some where that in India most of the car buyers actually do research in internet before they go to the showroom. (I am searching for the link which had some figures) . And surprisingly there is a small percentage who actually purchases car online! The online configuration tool of POLO was one of the decision made on such studies. Its said that more and ore companies will launch the configurator very soon. Some on told me that FORD and GM will do this soon. I am not sure about this.

Not on a larger scale in India for the moment. Most of the people I know who buy cars do it after reference from someone who is auto savvy or from someone who already owns one. But this is bound to change as the internet gets more popular across the country.

Internet Use and Automotive Survey

Hi Guys,

I'm carrying out a small survey for my MBA project on Internet Use and Car. I would really appreciate if you take part in the survey and help me in my project. It is a very small questionnaire with just 14 questions of yes/no type.

Please click on the link below to take the survey.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ue&formkey=dGI2Y2hWREdxM0R2X09yRDY4T0w5dmc6MQ

Thanks in advance [:)]

Re: Does internet influence, people deciding about their cars, in India?

Hey Rahul

Welcome to TAI !!

Oops.. that link doesn't work

Hello Folks,

My vote is YES as I see a major chunk of people going through a lot of reviews, blogs, forums & ofcourse TD before finalising the drive they buy.

Drive Safe
Santosh

Top Bottom