Does Footwear Makes Difference in Your Driving Style?

How does footwear affects your driving style ?

• Yes. It affects driving style a lot!

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Hmmm.. My driving style is always the same

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • May be to some extent.Though I manage

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • I always drive without my footwear

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
We all wear different kind of footwears daily.

Formal shoes for Office Use

Funky Sporty shoes for Weekends

Some day Sandals

Some day Slippers

But how does it affect your driving style ?

Added poll to make it interesting.

Last edited:
My dad generally drives with sports shoes, and once in a while, he drives with sandals.
There are many drivers like Raj, who drive without footwear. This probably proves that what's tugging at your feet plays an important role in your driving style. This is just an assumption.

Footwear really matters when youre going pedal to metal. A good pair can really help you to drive and respond faster.
I always prefer shoes which fit like a glove and are flexible. I find it hard driving with formals and slip ons,But I somehow manage.
Sneakers are good.
Then there are driving shoes from Id,Lee cooper and similar brands which can help you in heel and toe shift.
This is one from Michelin which I absolutely like,I can wear it to the office too,got to get me a pair.

Attachments

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Yes. Different kinds of footwears make a difference to an extent while driving. Personally I find myself much more convenient to drive with sports shoes.

Drive Safe,
350Z

i prefer driving without shoes since my foot size is quite large (size 11!). in some cars like innova & scorpio, it does not pose a problem. but in smaller cars, especially hatches, the big shoe can press both the throttle & brakes simultaneously.

also, i prefer Woodland shoes. this is my shoe-

woodland-g-40777-shoes.jpg

As you can see, the sole of this shoe is quite big & if i drive wearing this shoe, i almost feel my knees are on my face, especially in sedans! so i am used to driving without shoes.

Hmmm even i have few friends who drive in only barefoot. And moreover the driving schools here teach driving only in barefoot!

I always wear a shoe while driving be it either my formal or sports shoe or even my sandals , my shoe size is 10. I don find any problem while driving my Verna and Safari and some other cars too.

The only time i feel driving in barefoot is good is during rains. My wet soles get a bit slippery while driving and the clutch pedal slips sometimes.

I drive with my favorite Adidas Jetic Cushion(Sports shoes) during my long drives,As its light weight.
With Sandals(Woodland) during city or short distance drive.
I don't prefer driving without sandals.
As i feel it some what akward without wearing Shoes or sandals while driving.
My Shoe/Sandal size is 11.

Last edited:
Bare foot as I was taught like that from the beginning by all my instructors and i used to it now .But for short trips may be with shoes but it affects my driving a lot.

Driving schools teach without foot wear.

But my dad said this once. always practise driving with the footwear hmm when i was in 7th std.

any foot wear doesnt matter! my driving style is same

may be while wearing shoes i feel sporty!

Hmm...it quite comes as a surprise that youngsters too are driving without shoes. Its been a long time since I saw someone do that. I thought only the older generation drove without footwear.

I also don't drive with my footwear. I think that's the best choice. However, I leart this only after experience. I used to drive with my shoes and since my Waggie doesn't have a dead pedal, I rest my foot under the clutch. Then, when I needed to press the clutch immediately, the lays would get wound upon the pedal and you can't move your legs without doing some acrobatics. Now, I even put my footwear under the seat.

90% of time I drive with shoes, all my shoes, either formal or casual are flat bottom. So it doesn't make much difference. But sometimes when I drive with Sandals / Slippers (mostly on weekends whenever I go to garage / beach) with soft bottom, it takes a little time to get used to it.

Never tried without footwear, so no comments on that.

Never really tried driving bare foot,and i feel little uncomfortable with formal shoes.
I usually drive with sandals or soft leather shoes which are quiet comfortable.
Me too wear flat bottom shoes and sandals but these formal shoes always have a small heal so it creates problem for me while driving.[cry]

Yes for me footwear really matters. I usually prefer driving with my slippers. But when I am wearing sport shoes or formal shoes I need to just take care of how much I press accelerator. I prefere slipper. If I am going to amriiage as well. I will driver in slippers and then change the shoes near the mariiage spot. :-)

Top Bottom