Does F1 Need a New Champion?

Thread Starter #1
Hey fellow TAI'gers

Just watched the British Grand Prix at Silverstone. Another win for Lewis Hamilton. He cuts his difference with Nico Rosberg to just a single point now. So, looks like its going to be another championship for HAM. I don't have any issues with it but I just wished that the competition stayed tense till Abu Dhabi.

Don't you guys wish for more competition at the top of F1? Yes, in the middle, the championship is getting exciting with Red Bulls and Ferraris playing catch up but still realistically, there is just no competition. Even in Mercedes, there is just HAM. ROS comes close but loses out in the end.

Do you think F1 needs a new champion now?

Hey fellow TAI'gers

Just watched the British Grand Prix at Silverstone. Another win for Lewis Hamilton. He cuts his difference with Nico Rosberg to just a single point now. So, looks like its going to be another championship for HAM. I don't have any issues with it but I just wished that the competition stayed tense till Abu Dhabi.

Don't you guys wish for more competition at the top of F1? Yes, in the middle, the championship is getting exciting with Red Bulls and Ferraris playing catch up but still realistically, there is just no competition. Even in Mercedes, there is just HAM. ROS comes close but loses out in the end.

Yes the sport is in danger of being dominated by Hamilton and Vettel over the next 5 years. I have never regarded Roseberg as a great and champion driver. Just that he is in a fast car. However I am supporting Roseberg this year just because I would NOT want Hamilton to win and want a new champion.

If Red Bull can up there game next year then I seriously feel that both their drivers Ricciardo and Vestrappen can be a handful for Hamilton and Vettel. So looking forward to these two challenging the 2 who have dominated the scene for the last 6 years.

And a word of sadness for Alonso. In 2005 /06 with back to back titles he threatened to take the game away but his constant whining against his own team and safety first and manipulative tactics has left him out of the contention and he will at best be remembered in history as the man who stopped the juggernaut of a rampaging Michael Schumacher.

Last edited:
Hey fellow TAI'gers

Agree. Its becoming a boring sport for 3 years now.
A major rule changes in 2017 promises something new from the mundane routine we have been used to now. Rosberg doesn't have the mojo to break the Lewis Jinx (I hope he will prove me wrong).
I am betting on RED BULL/MAX [clap] combo to come great guns from 2017.

Top Bottom