Does Brand Value Matters?

Does brand value matter?

• Yes

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
For me, brand value does matter a lot. For example, I would rather be seen in a Volkswagen than in a Tata or a Hyundai. My head says opt for the Ford Figo-it is the most sensible choice. But it would be so much more better to be seen in a Volkswagen Polo. It looks so premium and rich, it doesn't really feel like a small hatch. Same goes for sedans too. I wouldn't buy a Maruti-Suzuki at Rs.20 lakh, no. I would rather opt for a Skoda or a VW.

350Z

Core Team
@gears1313, That was interesting but he could have rather brought a one brand new Scorpio for the price of Bolero + Used Corolla which should have sufficed his both the needs fairly well.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Keeping aside the badge factor of both brands, Scorpio doesn't has 'that' dated and rural-use image like of Bolero and could have served both purposes.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #35
this is OT here but i personally feel a modified bolero looks much better than a modified scorpio. i would love to have a bolero stinger in place of my scorpio mHawk. yes, the bolero stinger comes with the CRDe engine!

pics of bolero stinger & scorpio platoon-
4124056203_cc4e19cd1b.jpg

blue_mahindra_bolero_stinger_c_1024x768.jpg

mahindra-bolero-stinger.jpg

350Z

Core Team
Yeah but that depends on how and what modification is done. Depending upon personal taste, One can make even a cheap car look ugliest in world or a sure-shot looker.

Drive Safe,
350Z

@gears1313, That was interesting but he could have rather brought a one brand new Scorpio for the price of Bolero + Used Corolla which should have sufficed his both the needs fairly well.

Drive Safe,
350Z
That was his choice of buying a corolla! He got the corolla for some 3.5-4lacs, but buying a brand new scorpio and corolla both would give him a seroius shock!

Brand value matters? Obviously yes. Otherwise why would any sensible company keep a good amount of its budget to improve or maintain the brand value. No one wants to be tagged or typecast in a low value mode.

Tata has spent millions to shakeoff the taxi image (with indica), but will it ever be!
M&M came out with Xylo and it used skinny models to create a upmarket brand value. Did it help? I dont know.
People buy and love Fiat because it is the parent of Ferrari.

Imagine in future maruti comes with a sports car say hypothetically similar to a ferrari, how many people will buy it? I doubt not many.

verna

Suspended
Indians should be happy and proud to own and drive a Mahindra & Mahindra or a TATA as it is their own product, same as the Germans are about Maybach, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, VW.. French about Citroen.. Italians about Ferrari, Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo, FIAT.. Britons about Aston Martin, Bentley, Rolls Royce.. Swedish about Saab, Volvo or for that matter the Czech about Skoda !!!

But do the Indian Car Manufacturers provide the luxury,comfort,safety and performance levels of their foreign counterparts ? I am sure, with growing and advancing technology and R&D, one day they will and a day will certainly come, when atleast some Indians will prefer and BE PROUD to own an INDIAN VEHICLE [thumbsup]

JAI HIND [thumbsup]

AMG

Suspended
If brand value mattered then the Jazz would have been a huge hit.

And if it didnt matter, the Vista would be burning the streets.

The answer, my friend is that it matters, but it is not the sole deciding criteria.

verna

Suspended
By the way, world over, Skoda has a brand of a "Budget-Car" or rather a commoner's car. In India, it is considered to be a "Well-off man's Car" and true !! Quite heavily priced. No doubt it is feature-packed, performance is good 90/100 complain of A.S.S.
Still, Indians love and will love a Skoda [;)]

Lucky Czechs, they got a good market in India !!

Last edited by a moderator:

verna

Suspended
If brand value mattered then the Jazz would have been a huge hit.

And if it didnt matter, the Vista would be burning the streets.

The answer, my friend is that it matters, but it is not the sole deciding criteria.
Correct ! One should be practical while buying a vehicle, thinking of his/her own needs, go through all the vehicles in that budget, then pick the BEST .

Cheers !!

Top Bottom