Does Adding Aftermarket Accessories Void Warranty?

deville_56

Honoured Member
This warranty void thing is pucca gimmick, they want you to install every crap at double price from them. Ask for circular or some official document stating this. I have seen such a circular stuck at Volkswagen, but none in any other showroom. I have lots of aftermarkets and DIYs on various cars during their warranty period and no issues with them whatsoever unless you alter the OEM wiring or vehicle structure for this. Eg: Drilling holes for fogs can void body warranty. Nowadays most stuffs are plug and play. There will be slot to plug in the car audio, which will have all required connections and pre-wired to speaker and antenna locations. Almost all accessory guys use connectors nowadays, minimal wire cuts.

I'm behind a Beat diesel for 2-3 days. Confirmed with them about installing audio and power windows. They have no issues doing it outside. Same with Hyundai. Hyundai said, not to cut any wire, do whatever you want [:D]

Thread Starter #17
Thanks deville_56 for your reply.Everyone else seems clueless about this.

Will ask for the circular when we take delivery.I checked with the accessory shops, they use plug and play connectors to connect the stereo to the cars wiring harness.

Last edited by a moderator:

deville_56

Honoured Member
It's the same thread.

Nothing to worry, go ahead and install as per your wish at a good installer [:)]. I got aftermarket ICE setup in my brother-in-laws Polo even after VW dealer threatened to cut the warranty, so do other Polo owners.

Thread Starter #19
Sorry about that deville_56, thought I was replying in another thread.I have checked with the accessory stores here, they said they would add sockets so no cutting would be involved.

Will post the progress as it gets done.Thanks again.

I meant the US.They do have guidelines for everything.

Has anyone installed an aftermarket stereo on a maruti vehicle and have problems with warranty and extended warranty?
I have installed a whole lot of accessories ranging from 4 door power windows, Full ICE setup with component speakers, Amplifer and subwoofer, 9" LED Roof mounted screen for rear passengers, 7" Touchscreen HU from Pioneer, Interior LED lighting, Exterior Underbody Neon lighting, Led Door Sill guards, Fog lamps, Extra powerful Philips 130/100w H4 bulbs for headlights with philips wiring kit and Roots Vibrosonic horn. I recently had a small issue with Battery drain and it was checked at MASS and rectified. So unless one tamper with stock electricals you won't face any issues with warranty.

Regards,
Sankar

Basic things is the original wiring thats fitted by the manufacturing company should not be cut and tied, this is what you need to look at.Now every accessory shop is aware of it and they know all they need it wiring harness, plug in types wiring sets for stereo, and other equipments which does not void warranty.
Warranty voids when the original wiring is being tempered and so if any issue crops up taking electrical parts of the vehicle.And also dealers take on ride for the people who would believe in them, maruti is usually easy on this compared to say skoda or VW and other companies.Only look that no wiring is cut in doing any of the job you are upto adding accessories.

Thread Starter #22
I have already installed a touch screen dual din with speakers on the doors.Rear view camera has been installed too.

Sorry I forgot to update the thread.

I didn't go for higher wattage bulbs because they cause the plastic headlamps start yellowing.

@Sankar:How was the battery drain issue rectified?

I have already installed a touch screen dual din with speakers on the doors.Rear view camera has been installed too.

Sorry I forgot to update the thread.

I didn't go for higher wattage bulbs because they cause the plastic headlamps start yellowing.

@Sankar:How was the battery drain issue rectified?
Actually their wasn't any battery drain. I thought battery had started to drain as lighting were dimming while using power windows. Took my car to MASS and they did a through checkup and found the battery and alternator was working fine. They then advised me to check if all wires have been grounded properly especially those of power windows and horns. They aslo told me nothing has been tampered with in my acr and it still has 4years of warranty [:D]

Regards,
Sankar

Hi,
Talked to a auto accessories shop owner, he said nowadays every system comes with connectors and harness and no wires need to be cut. and no soldering is needed as well. so no warranty issues. only thing he said was for reverse camera, the connection from rear lamps would be reused and rear bumper would be drilled. Not sure if that is safe and retains warranty? If not, is there any other way to fit reverse camera?

New Maruti - ICE and Warranty

Greetings TIAins
I'm bringing forth age old topic of ICE and Warranty back into the forums. I recently purchased new Wagon R CNG (last week). At the time of purchase, my Sales agent showed me an excerpt from a User manual which mentioned Warranty is void in case car is fitted with non Maruti authorized parts.
At that time I opted for an Accessory package Dealership was offering which included a 2-din HU with 4 door speakers (co axials of course).
Now I have read everywhere and talked with so many people and still haven't come to a concrete answer.
Would my Warranty become void in case I switch out my front door speakers for components from an outside vendor or not?
Also, for reference I've attached a pic of the page in Warranty section which I talked about earlier.
I would really appreciate some answers.

Attachments

Hi,

when i bought the Swift VXI, I turned in my old Wagon R that had basically a new HU and speakers, I was told at the ASS that transferring my HU and speakers will not void my warranty as long as I didnt cut any wires. Basically, the HU has a socket prelaid in the car's wiring harness to allow the service centre to sell their own (and exorbitantly priced) accessories with the car. They simply connect the HU to the socket. If you do the same cheaply from outside, you wont have warranty issues with the car itself, though they will not touch any problems with the HU.
Similarly, when I added 90/100 bulbs to me headlights, I did the socket-to-socket approach. (I have since reverted back to the 55W xtremevision bulbs using Philips bulbs instead of stock to get better illumination.) Do go for quality branded stuff though.
But there are some things that will require you to get them installed from the ASS. One is the reverse parking sensor system that replaces the rear view mirror. Another is power windows and central locking. Typically, these dont come with the low spec trims and require opening up a lot of panels. Outside fitters really dont care and often break the interior panels while opening them (as in my case he broke the stereo panel and it took a month to replace it from the ASS). Best to fit these things at the ASS.
Note that most manufacturers overengineer their engines and gear boxes, so these almost never go wrong. Electrical problems, though, are very common in cars

In case you have any problems with fuses during installing the aftermarket spares, most manufacturers have spare fuses in the fusebox cover itself and good electricians know where these are located.

For those who are buying a new car and reading this, going for the top spec version is usually cheaper that getting stuff installed from aftermarket. SO if you have the money, go for it
Ameyam

Last edited:

Top Bottom