Dodge Dakota 18,393 Kilometers - Review

Thread Starter #1
i am not sure if it is appropriate place to write review.
as the vehicle is being used by me in abroad, but an auto enthusiast in me just wished to share with you all.

• the 3.7 liter V6 petrol with 210 horsepower (160 kW)

• 5-speed 545RFE automatic

to begin with and come straight to point , i would say ...i do not like it.!!
bumpy rides and automatic gears steal every inch of fun from such a huge power house.
yet let us go ahead with whatever i have.

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
it is said the a picture speaks a thousand words.
though car has a soft suspensions the huge bumps and potholes are well absorbed. obviously making body roll evident.
the offroad ride is alright the paddle shift option have 1,2 options which does helps. the breaks are too spongy and but reliable.

the best part is the driver position.

wow i love it. feel like one can hug steerings. the steer is on softer side with bit of oversteer. which doesnt make one feel this is such a huge car.

audio system is excellent with good base and sound quality.

Attachments

Thread Starter #4
You dont like the car , i love its looks specs looks cool too
ilango, blame it auto transmission. the paddle response is not very much impressive, may be those excellent indian manual transmission cars spoiled me. with those instantaneous response.

when one press the accel there is a small annoying delay for car to move, probably the AT is working inside assessing the engine load and other things.one can feel it.

but when it comes to normal driving to me it feels like driving a honda activa the scooter, just get in - go-get off , keep rolling the steering wheel . the effort required to drive this beast is next to nil.

there are no chances in this car ,for passengers to be tossed off in huge pothole the suspension is very good , but the small unevenness, even those pebbles on the road is felt in cabin.
engine is very silent it is impossible to hear it while in idle, but beyond 3500rpm it roars and presence is felt inside. similarly the vibrations is nil in the cabin yes that is true. overall the NVH is excellent.
there are lot of mysterious rattling sound inside the cabin the plastic quality looks great but feels very weak.

Last edited:
ilango, blame it auto transmission. the paddle response is not very much impressive, may those excellent indian manual transmission cars spoiled me. with those instantaenous response.

when one press the accel there is a small annoying delay to make car move, probably the AT is working inside to sense the engine load and other things.one can feel it.
If you are accustomed to manual gear, it will take a long waqy to get used to auto. I personally like manula gear only. My friend owns a Santro (Auto) and I really hate to drive it. It just doesnt move as you want [anger]

Thread Starter #7
dhaya,nothing difficult moment one holds the wheel he gets acustomed. at least i dont feel any incovevience rather i find lhd better than rhd as right hand gets the benefits making feel more luxurious .yes viper stalks and hd lamp stalks could be confusing but that is just for couple of revvs.

looks and presence onroad is great and the power of engine is immense it can pull anything literally but honestly not made for a spirited drivers

350Z

Core Team
Now that is a real big thing. Thanks for posting the review of this giant! It must be thrilling to drive a powerful pick-up such as this, but why you did choose a Pick-up and not an SUV? There are lots of more interesting and worth drooling cars out there in your place. And one last question – How much it returns? :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9
but why you did choose a Pick-up and not an SUV?
pick up is much practical than and suv ,pick up is not right word for it rather MUV is most appropriate, for the tough conditions and carry stuffs there is nothing much better than this.

How much it returns?
honestly never checked so far, all i see is the fuel guage when it is on red -refuel.!!

There are lots of more interesting and worth drooling cars out there in your place
this is for job related mostly.

Thread Starter #10
the Real Land cruiser.

one of the best off-roader i have ever driven . with nearly zero body roll and nerve tingling acceleration,tank like built quality and excellent ride quality. . only need is fuel. !!!!

kudos to toyota.for such an incredible vehichle.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
Jayadev any updates on this car?
Any way even though its auto,light etc that engine do bring some smile on your face isn't.
No!! it does not. That is a bitter truth. it is slugish. I floored the pedal several times but it does not go beyond 160km or to cross 160 it will take an year.
Ride quality is very uncomfortable and bumpy .

Good things are..
*NVH levels are very good.
*very Excellent Stock ICE.
*excellent air conditioner.
* convenient 4wheel drive which I can change while on the move.
*nice interiors

3 times it had visited service centre for major problems
1. gearbox issue all four wheel got jammed and had to lift it by fork truck to load in towing truck
2.broken Axle,
3. Engine starting issue.

we might have spend more than 1500USD total to make it run since last 2 years, and neither is t fuel efficient,
finally decided to return it to Our boss .he keeps it in his garage.

Top Bottom