Do You Switch off Your 2 wheeler on a Slope?

I am totally against that it will help to save fuel, how much it will save fuels on slope I guess even for 1 km inclined slope your bike will consume hardly 10-30 ml of fuel since engine is in very relax mode. My ZMR shows real time fuel average and on slope if it is not throttle much it shows mileage of around 100+ KMPL. So imagine what about 100cc bike will give mileage.

Guys it's really dangerous to switch off engine as you will not have control on speed control and also it creates wear and tear to some mechanical parts as engine is off and lubrication will not be proper.

I am totally against that it will help to save fuel, how much it will save fuels on slope I guess even for 1 km inclined slope your bike will consume hardly 10-30 ml of fuel since engine is in very relax mode. My ZMR shows real time fuel average and on slope if it is not throttle much it shows mileage of around 100+ KMPL. So imagine what about 100cc bike will give mileage.

Guys it's really dangerous to switch off engine as you will not have control on speed control and also it creates wear and tear to some mechanical parts as engine is off and lubrication will not be proper.
+100 ZMR, Life is more precious than fuel, my dear friends !![:)]

the reason why you feel a difference in activa is that its clutch is in play even during the engine is turned off where as in bikes you pull the clutch.if you don't pull the clutch and go down on a slope with the engine off you will feel the same thing as activa.The reason why you didn't feel it in the TVS(if its a tvs 50/xl) is that they have a different clutch assembly compared to activa

Last edited:

Top Bottom