Do You Switch off Headlights and Engine at Red-Signals?

Do you switch off headlights And Engine at red-signals?

• Yes

Votes: 60 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 21.1%

• Total voters
Earlier I never used to switch off engine, or headlight. Offlate, somehow I have started switching off headlight and engine at every red light whenever I need to wait for more than half a minute.

I switch off the headlamps; but parking lights on. About switching off the engine, I don't do it as AC won't be effective if the engine is turned off. Also, another concern at the signals are that the vehicles keep moving slowly, finding their way inch by inch. If I switch off the engine to a halt, then the drivers from behind start yelling at those who are in front of (that would be me, of course!) them. So, I let the engine idle.

I turn off the engine of my bike at the signal as it saves petrol for me & also saves the battery life, since my headlight, tail lamp, indicators, Pilot lamps & horns are all dependent on the battery. However Sometimes I can't help it & I always wish it would be better if there were timers to let us know how long before the signal will change. This is there only at few junctions like Liberty X road. I guess this small piece of equipment will go a long way in saving lot of fuel

I switch off engine is wait is more than 30 sec and hence headlights but being diesel, I keep a tab on turbo and don't kill instantly.

i also switch it OFF on signals,

but OT, is it OK to drive with fog lights ON in city driving? i mean, will they (fog light bulbs) sustain such regular use ??

i have stock fog lights so, its very bright and i can run my car in city with only fog lights.

no i dont switch off the headlights but i will switchoff the engine but after going through this thread i learned that i have to switch off headlights

i also switch it OFF on signals,

but OT, is it OK to drive with fog lights ON in city driving? i mean, will they (fog light bulbs) sustain such regular use ??

i have stock fog lights so, its very bright and i can run my car in city with only fog lights.
Try and minimize the usage of fog lamps. They are there for the purpose of illumination when visibility is very low.

I have seen but have you ever seen any old vehicle using Fog lamps. Fog lamps should be used sparingly in conditions such as rain, fog, mist resulting in low visibility.

I also switch OFF the headlights when i wait for a right turn even if its not a signal.
I do the same thing. I switch of the headlights and make sure the parking light is on with my endicators.

I even do the same even in my bike.

It will be really next to impossible to notice the indicator when the headlight is on in most of the vehicles.

And, Yes this was thought by my father who was a driver for for more than 35 years.

Top Bottom