Do You Switch off Headlights and Engine at Red-Signals?

Do you switch off headlights And Engine at red-signals?

• Yes

Votes: 60 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 21.1%

• Total voters
Hi Friends,

A quick bite, correct me if am wrong, I do turn off the headlights if the wait time is more than 20 seconds, I also believe before turning ON/Off the engine the Headlight should be in off mode, reason being there are chances of headlight receiving surge current & might affect life span or cause any problem to electricals, I learnt this longtime back. Implement it of you feel its worth it[thumbsup]

Drive Safe.
Santosh.V
[cheers]

I don't switch off my headlights, but will learn to do from now. But I always switch off my engine, if I know I am going to wait longer than 20 seconds in the signal.
Just curious, if it is night is it safe to have at least parking lights instead of motorist slaming on you because of poor lighting?

Drive Safe!

@rekharam

When you are at traffic any where in Bangalore, I feel the lighting is sufficient, still keeping the concern of our cars, we have brake light which would be on when you are at signals, if the lighting is really poor you can surely make use of parking light[thumbsup].

Drive Safe.
Santosh.V
[cheers]

I rarely switched off the headlamps at redlights, never switched off the engine due to my always on AC because i rarely rolled down windows due to noise and air pollution even if i wait for someone i always keep my engine idle irrespective of time and petrol, diesel, LPG, CNG fuel car i am driving due to my always on AC wish i could get rid off this habit though i always drive the car in low beam mode and request everyone to follow the same.

Here in Delhi you will rarely see a car at redlight with off headlamps or off engines irrespective of stoppage time.

Last edited:
I don't switch off my headlights, but will learn to do from now. But I always switch off my engine, if I know I am going to wait longer than 20 seconds in the signal.
Just curious, if it is night is it safe to have at least parking lights instead of motorist slaming on you because of poor lighting?

Drive Safe!
Ya i switch off the head lights but parking lights are kept on,i have had to press brake pedals to light up the brake lights to warn approaching vehicles cos some two wheelers & cabs approach signals at alarming pace that seems like they will rear end you,i have seen cars failing to notice you have stopped for a speed breaker(highway day) even with hazard lamps on,so obviously i wont take chances at night,keep the parking lights on.

yes i do switch off headlights to parking lights @ red signals and and other places i stop for a while, so that it wont be inconvenience to oncoming traffic

Do You Switch Off Engine at Red Signal?

Hello friends! When you need to wait on the long traffic signals, turn off your vehicles and save fuel. Such save of fuel will also save your money too. So how many of you do really switch off your engine in red signal? Please let me know here.

Regards

Last edited:
Re: Do you switch off your engine in red signal?

I switch off my vehicle only when the signal timer is more than 60 seconds.

Re: Do you switch off your engine in red signal?

i normally dont switch off engine due to radiator fan. Because TATA ASS mechanic told me that it is not good for engine to swithch it off when the fan is running. Is it thatmuch harmfull. I only switch off the engine only when the fan stops completely.

Noone taught me this habit to be true, it is something l learned from the road experience. Once almost hit a mortar cycle in front cause one stupid BMW guy was standing on the other way Of traffic with high beam on of his HID.

I do turn off my headlights ,when at red light,waiting for passengers to sit,i always keep my head lights in street light mode,in city limits i always adjust my head light to lower mode.(can be done by the scroll swith provided near extra switches pannel)

I do turn off my headlights in the signal. Especially during peak hours when i know at many places the cops would be controlling the signals and indefinitely there would be a long wait. I mostly also switch off my engine if I feel that the wait is going to be long.

Top Bottom