Do You Smoke While Driving??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

Its quiet often I notice people smoke when they drive. It happens both during highway drive or in peak city drive.
Couple of times I was amazed to note that some pals who are so called 'LIVE TO DRIVE' smoke and drive. It was really annoying. Again do we have any confined rule for this??? [frustration]

350Z

Core Team
Re: Do you smoke while driving???

the rule is SMOKING IS INJURIOUS TO YOUR AND YOUR DEAR ONES HEALTH"
No offence meant - but I personally hate the smokers as much as I do hate smoking. Only wish if they could understand what Jayadev has mentioned above. And smoking especially while driving is one of the most nonsensical things one could do.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Do you smoke while driving???

Yeah even i have seen many people smoking while driving. Here in Chennai they placed rules like no tobacco products near educational institutions and no smoking in public places but just like helmet rule these rules have also vanished!

Smoking has become more like a style statement these days for the youth!

Friend, I dont think Government has any laws on smoking and driving. They legally prohibit smoking only on Public areas.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't smoke & i wouldn't allow any one to smoke in my car.i gather that smoking in a running car can't be charged as smoking in a public place where as smoking in a car thats stopped can be charged .( same as taking alcohol ).correct me if iam wrong.

I personally hate smoking and drinking habits, and hate the people who do so (no offences meant, just my personal opinion).
I don't think there is any rule as far as smoking while driving is concerned.

I have never smoked tobacco or drank alcohol in my life.I don't like both these substances.I feel its nothing more than wasting money.
on the other side ,Smoking while driving is very dangerous if a the lighted cigarette falls on the carpet of he car it may catch fire.

350Z

Core Team
on the other side ,Smoking while driving is very dangerous if a the lighted cigarette falls on the carpet of he car it may catch fire.
Correct. I have even seen some people throwing away burning ashes on road. This can cause an immediate casualty for other road users / vehicles.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Phew good to know none of the members in TAI smoke...

Yes even i hate smoking and hate to see other's smoking while driving.
Not only they pollute the car by bad smell, they damage the cars seats.

Known fact is Non-Smokers(Passive Smokers) are affected more than the smokers, as the inhalation causes more damge.

mukeshus you are wrong on that part mate. smokers suffer the ill effects of smoking more than passive smokers.true that the incidence of smoking related diseases are more in passive smokers than non smokers.

AMG

Suspended
Known fact is Non-Smokers(Passive Smokers) are affected more than the smokers, as the inhalation causes more damge.

If that is true, then I have lung cancer and I am about to die, as almost all my classmates smoke.

Which obviously is false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom