Do You See Recession Hitting Again?

Thread Starter #32
Re: Do You See Recession Hitting Back in 2012?

Well i dint see any growth till 2015 when new govt comes and stabilizes. So 3 years of pain accompanies by global recession. [cry]

Remote controlled toy, called as MMS, the PM of India said GDP will be 9%. [lol]
GDP means Gold, Dollar & Petrol. [anger]

Thread Starter #34

International rating agency Standard & Poor's (S&P) has warned that India risks a sovereign downgrade which would result in the country dropping off the list of countries with an investment-grade rating.

The statement comes less then two months after the agency revised the outlook on India's rating to negative from stable and said that the country has a one-in-three chances of being downgraded in the next two years. India presently enjoys a BBB- which is the lowest investment grade rating.

Making a pointed observation on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's government, S&P said, "It would be ironic if a government under the economist who spurred much of the liberalization of India's economy and helped unleash such gains were to preside over their potential erosion."
Standard & Poor's warns India of a downgrade to junk category - The Times of India

Thread Starter #37
Last edited by a moderator:

Infosys Q1 FY13 results: No wage hike for now, says SD Shibulal - The Economic Times

shame on infosys top management . Cant increase salaries of normal employees [anger]
I am ex-Infy employee and agree that Infy is losing foucs but still represents Indian IT. Infy is not doing wrong by holding the hike, it's better to hold the hike for sometime rather mass layoff. It's a phase which will be over in some time. I am not sure why Infy is not playing aggressive these days inpite of having $4.2B cash reserve.
Forget Infy, please tell which Indian company has give hike this year. Satyam is holding till Aug, Wipro yet to announce and TCS gave avg like 8%.

I believe quoting shame on Infy Management is rather harsh. Imagine a situation where there is some finacial issue in family then head of family definately do some cost cutting.If Infy is holding the hike then it will give a better hike with market correction next year as they did in 2010. Many of my friends got avg of 22-26%.

I guess all big Indian MNC (TCS, Infy, Wipro, HCl, CTS) pays more or less the same salary / hike. 8-10% hike is not bad for any consulting/service companies. If you want more hike then we need to jump to bigger MNCs like Yahoo, Dell, Google, RIM. But they have larger layoffs too. So its a choice with us - grow steadily or grow rapidly and face the risk.

Btw, the market news are all not roses in India, US and Europe as well. Any news regarding debt ceiling rise in USA, Spain strugles?

Thread Starter #42

Top Bottom