• Yes

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 92 76.0%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
How many times it would have happened with you all when we're driving on the Road and Suddenly finds a vehicle coming front/opposite lane flashing the highbeams which drastically affects our visibility, This issue which seems to be small can turn into a cause for big accident with-in moments.

Almost 90% Indians Drive Their vehicles with High-Beams even in Cities, Due to clear reason - Lack of Driving sense. Please be frank in the Poll and Vote, Do You Drive at night in cities with High-Beams? Let's All Today take an oath to change this habit.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes i am aware if this issue and drives mostly (90%) time in low-beam. It is certainly in-convenience for opposite driver to see.
But sometimes, when road is empty and driving at high speed, i do use high beam.

i do drive with high beams at night. not in the city but in the highway. but i am courteous enough to lower the beam if there is an oncoming vehicle and even if the other fellow dose'nt lower the beams, i do.

Ya its a big problem for the on-coming traffic to drive if I drive with high beam so I never do that when there is on-coming traffic on the way in which I am driving, otherwise I do and get it back to low beam as soon as I find one.

I always use low beam for oncoming traffic and in cities. But when theres no traffic on highways i use high beams but 90% low beams.

I try to use low beams in city!

But in worst parts i have to use High beams, as my car's light are underpowered!

I voted NO, Driving cars with highbeam at night is a bad practice. Highbeam is meant for long distance roads where visibility is less but people mis-use highbeams. I like the headlight levelling system.

type-r said:
i dont get it
high beam is the lights stalk pushed back right? so the lights come high?
are you talking about dippers?thats a different thing.

Except on highways, I use low beam. But some times even in the cities I use it to handle the crazy driver coming on the other side [evil]

I never ever use high beams in the city not at all used till now , but as Shynish said i will use it if the driver coming in the opposite direction doesn lower the beam even after repeated signals!![evil]

But in highways i always use high-ways but i reduce to low-beam when there are oncoming vehicles and switch back to high-beam after that. Main reason my Verna's headlamps are underpowered just like Zinam's i10 , just 55W bulb!![frustration]

Except on highways, I use low beam. But some times even in the cities I use it to handle the crazy driver coming on the other side [evil]
It becomes irritating sometime when people don't lower their beams but that doesn't means we should also start doing same!
firstly the question raises is what is the need to drive with highbeam in cuty when it can be easily seen because of streetlights?

Main reason my Verna's headlamps are underpowered just like Zinam's i10 , just 55W bulb!![frustration]
Yes. This was my first complaint in 1st service/ But they said even Verna is powered with the same.

So i was convinced. But guys this is real pain!

Whenever i think to change my bulbs to 100/90, those guys threaten me about Warranty!

i use high beams on highways, and used to dim often for the opposite lane travelers, but if they didt dim the light i will go back to high beams. use low beams on cities and where ever i got enough light to see the road properly.If there is heavy traffic on highway i use low beam.
-----------Next Post-----------
The only way you can survive is concentrate only on your vechiles light beam only, never look to the high beams
it will not work on small roads

Last edited:

Top Bottom