Do You Drive with Foot Resting on Clutch?

Clutch Riding. Yes or No?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
A lot of us have an habit of clutch riding. This is no good and not only it would increase the fuel consumption but also the clutch plate will wear out much sooner. Also don't you think that manufacturers should consider offering a dead pedal in the cars as standard?

Drive Safe!
350Z

I will never drive on clutch !!

Since lack of Dead pedal, my foot rests on clutch but not heavily.

just on top of the pedals :)

the basic features should include dead pedal provision on all cars for getting better life of clutch plates.Indica dont have one but i try to rest on sides as much as possible, in city drive i just keep it on clutch but dont press it.

Actually even I have a bad habit of sometime resting my foot on the clutch. I got to get rid of this.

Cheers,
Vroom

I used to drive my foot on clutch, while in my initial stages of driving. But now i never keep my foot on pedal, or even top of it. I just place it down near the pedal.

Dead pedal should be given in all cars, it prevents clutch riding to an extent.

I had the habit of keeping my left foot just an inch behind the clutch pedal resting on the heel as if ready to clutch [:D] But after some hearing from my uncle who used to thing i was half clutching the habit died soon.
And now the lack of dead pedal has lead to a habit of resting the left foot on matt even if iam driving a car which has dead pedal[lol]

i don't ride the clutch neither do i remove my foot from the clutch. it just stays there quitely and acts when necessary. i feel that frequent movements of foot in the conjested areas may bring pain in the ankles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I its a wrong thing to keep your leg rest on clutch while driving because it would cause frequent replacement of clutch,most people keep their leg rested on the clutch because the driving school instructors just don't teach their students the basic of car.

Karthik

In heavy city traffic, its difficult to maintain right gear. I keep clutch pressed/half pressed depending on traffic condition. On normal drive i keep my leg away from clutch.
FYI - Punto has pedal rest. But if you have big leg, you might feel it cramped.

Top Bottom