DL, Vehicle Papers on DigiLocker / mParivahan at Par With Original Documents

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Delhi: Documents such as driving licence or registration certificate in electronic formats will be treated at par with original documents if stored on DigiLocker or mParivahan apps, the government said on Friday.

"If documents are not available on mParivahan or DigiLocker then they will not be treated as legally recognised at par with the original documents," the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways said in a statement.

The ministry issued a detailed standard operating procedure (SOP) for the acceptance of transport-related documents presented in electronic form.

Read:

New Delhi: Documents such as driving licence or registration certificate in electronic formats will be treated at par with original documents if stored on DigiLocker or mParivahan apps, the government said on Friday.

"If documents are not available on mParivahan or DigiLocker then they will not be treated as legally recognised at par with the original documents," the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways said in a statement.

The ministry issued a detailed standard operating procedure (SOP) for the acceptance of transport-related documents presented in electronic form.

Read:
Thanks for bringing up this all important subject.
I remember, not so long ago much before the smartphone and app age, one didn't need to carry the original vehicle documents personally, visit your Police Station with a copy of the RC, Insurance, and PUC get it varified by them, and keep it with you, this is valid for 6 months.

Thread Starter #4

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I have my old D/L on digilocker. Recently (1 month back) I renewed it but digilocker still have the old one. Tried with mParivahan but no luck.

Thread Starter #5

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Kerala DGP: E-copies of vehicle documents enough during checks

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: The state police chief on Friday announced that electronic copies of vehicle documents produced through mobile phone apps DigiLocker and m-Parivahan will be treated as valid during vehicle inspections.

A direction in this regard has been given to all police officials to treat documents stored in these apps as valid when produced during checking.

Read:

Top Bottom