DIY: Twin Headlight Beam For Fazer

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends

Up with a new DIY. A friend of mine recently got a new Yamaha Fazer and as usual didn't like the single low beam and High Beam. So he wanted me to get the beams work togethter.

Planned it to be a simple DIY and went for it and it was a great sucess [clap]

What you will need:

1.Allen key set
2.Wire stripper
3.Insulation tape
4.Some good quality wire

Lets start up:

1.First you need to remove both the side fairings.There would be 2 black allen screws on the top,one on the side and last one on the bottom.Then comes the little difficult part.The side fairing is somewhat clipped to the dash.just need to pull it little hard.

2.Next you have to pull it like you do with the side sheilds.

3.Then comes the wiring part.Lets start from the left side.

4.The headlight bulb holder and pilot lamp will connect to a socket plug found on the left side where you opened the fairing.

5.In the holder of the bulb there will be two wires and you would be left with an empty opening.Thats where you need to insert the new wire.I just pushed the stripped end of the wire inside the holder.You will now have to connect the other end of the new wire to the wire of the high beam line.Its the yellow colour wire.(Refer pic)

6.You need to repeat the same procedure for the right headlight.The low beam for the right side must be connected to the green wire.

7.Finally secure the connected wires with insulation tape.

8.Close the fairings

Attachments

Re: DIY:Twin headlight beam for Fazer

Nice DIY Hari. I do own a 8 months old fazer. I did tried with the options you mentioned earlier but the adviser at Yamaha ASS said that by doing so you void warranty and above it there are high chances of reducing battery life and might result into some electronic unit ( i do not remember the name) to fail. Can you please confirm with your mechanic once. If all is good I can even do this.
By the way you can go though my ownership thread on Fazer at -
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...maha-fazer-red-feb-2013-1-500-kms-review.html

Thread Starter #3
Re: DIY:Twin headlight beam for Fazer

Yeah the batteries life may decrease but there won't be any problems with the electrical units.

Also there are a few friends of mine who have done this some 2 years back and there haven't said any problems.

Its perfectly safe.The bulbs must be stock. The problem will happen if you have changed to higher wattage bulbs

I am ok if the battery life is decreased since once the current battery dies I can upgrade to maintenance free battery. I shall try this update this weekend. AL though Yamaha engineers are not ready to do this I will be doing it from local mechanic.
I will update the thread once done.

Thread Starter #5
a few of mine got the same set up done for his R15 and he had to pay extra for that.thats why my friend decided to get it done by me

Hi,
Its really a nice once to work upon. Look and feel in the night will be a bonus. Instead of lighting a single doom, we can do this to light both ones.
I hope many guys will try this to enable the options.

By the way what happens in this case when you press flash / pass switch. Will both the lights compartment switch on with upper lights or in this case only one light will be switched ON?

Thread Starter #8
By the way what happens in this case when you press flash / pass switch. Will both the lights compartment switch on with upper lights or in this case only one light will be switched ON?
Both the lights will flash when you press the pass switch. [:)]

Top Bottom