DIY: Suzuki DZire's Interior lights and Boot light changed to White LEDs!

good job

Okey guyz, did this so called DIY two weeks ago and did not get time to post it here! Well not exactly a DIY because I didnt made the LED strips but I myself fitted it on the ride!

We own a 2008 Silky Silver DZire VDi, and from the first day I wanted to change the interior lights to white and powerful ones! So the search started from day one for white bulbs in the market but those didnt threw much light, then decided to go for LEDs but did not found the desired size of LED strips for the light assembly.

Later I finalized to make a customized strip with LEDs, Resistors and PCB plate, but again I was getting LEDs and resistors but no blank PCB![cry] Again the plan failed.

One day went to dads office as it was my vacations and decided to help him till I get any job(my dad is a whoseller of heavy automobile spare parts and accessories) and one of our client came with these LED strips as sample peices to us, and suggested us to start dealing in these too.(we use to buy truck's taillights and indicators from him) So he showed some samples to us and I asked him if he can get me of the sizes I tell him for our ride. He agreed and I showed him the car and the lights. He said that these are in ready stock with him in his bag! I was in full anticipation and told him to give me in white colour. He searched in his bag and gave me these strips.[:D]
2nos- 3x4=12 LEDs
2nos- 4x5=20 LEDs
1nos- 12x3=36 LEds

So got these, came home checked it in the spare battery which I have it im my house and those were really awesom!

So oneday when the car was at home I decided to start the project!

Things I needed:
small screwdrivers(eg tester)
small piece of thermacol(as a packing if the strip moves),
Soldiering machine(I needed it to do some alteration in the light to make the LED strips fit in the place, and also for the connections)
Lot of patience, time and liking for the work,
and main thing my CYBERSHOT!(to share the experience with you all)

I have posted the pics with it, hope they are in the chronologioal order, if not so, pltry to understand. I have made it as simple as possibe.

CAUTON: Since I had experience in removing and opening the light, you people are requested to do this carefully if you are doing it for first time!!

Your valuable comments are welcomed.

And yes later will post the pics of the results!![thumbsup]

Also did for the trunk light yesterday, didnt got time earlier and I have not clicked the pics for the trunk light project. If any one want I can click the procedure how to remove the light and so on, only if any one needed!

WOW Man. Amazing stuff.
Lot of hard work requires tho.
I will try this on my SWIFT LDI and will post pics for sure

Dear Mr. Gears,

Neatly explained, u have done a great job. I am going to try this for my ambassador car.

Thanks a lot for the pics also!!!!!!!!

Regards

Manivannan Pillai

Thread Starter #49
Dear Mr. Gears,

Neatly explained, u have done a great job. I am going to try this for my ambassador car.

Thanks a lot for the pics also!!!!!!!!

Regards

Manivannan Pillai

Mr. Pillai,

Thanks a lot for the appreciation. I am feeling great that you people liked my work and made it a point to reply for the same. I generally think that if I am doing any kind of D.I.Y, it should be neat and look like a professional work. Thanks a lot again for the reply.

Regards,

Amandeep Singh

aka

Gears1313!

Hi everyone
pls tell me how can i get drl lights on my fluidic verna.as i am new to lights i didn't know much.pls help me guys.will they look cool or not.and if anybody knows about the cost and with which brand should i go will really help me.i saw them on internet in hyundai accent that comes in euro countries.i want one like that.:help:
Thanks

Thread Starter #57
Hi everyone
pls tell me how can i get drl lights on my fluidic verna.as i am new to lights i didn't know much.pls help me guys.will they look cool or not.and if anybody knows about the cost and with which brand should i go will really help me.i saw them on internet in hyundai accent that comes in euro countries.i want one like that.:help:
Thanks
Not exactly DRLS but you can go for LED strips like this one![:D]

Hyundai-RB-Concept-11.jpg
Hyundai-RB-Concept-01.jpg

You may not get powerful lights like the actual DRLS; but these may look cool!

Hey, Thanks buddy !! This is the real thing i want on my car. If you know please tell how can i get them and what will be cost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom