DIY: Suzuki DZire's Interior lights and Boot light changed to White LEDs!

Thread Starter #1
Okey guyz, did this so called DIY two weeks ago and did not get time to post it here! Well not exactly a DIY because I didnt made the LED strips but I myself fitted it on the ride!

We own a 2008 Silky Silver DZire VDi, and from the first day I wanted to change the interior lights to white and powerful ones! So the search started from day one for white bulbs in the market but those didnt threw much light, then decided to go for LEDs but did not found the desired size of LED strips for the light assembly.

Later I finalized to make a customized strip with LEDs, Resistors and PCB plate, but again I was getting LEDs and resistors but no blank PCB![cry] Again the plan failed.

One day went to dads office as it was my vacations and decided to help him till I get any job(my dad is a whoseller of heavy automobile spare parts and accessories) and one of our client came with these LED strips as sample peices to us, and suggested us to start dealing in these too.(we use to buy truck's taillights and indicators from him) So he showed some samples to us and I asked him if he can get me of the sizes I tell him for our ride. He agreed and I showed him the car and the lights. He said that these are in ready stock with him in his bag! I was in full anticipation and told him to give me in white colour. He searched in his bag and gave me these strips.[:D]
2nos- 3x4=12 LEDs
2nos- 4x5=20 LEDs
1nos- 12x3=36 LEds

So got these, came home checked it in the spare battery which I have it im my house and those were really awesom!

So oneday when the car was at home I decided to start the project!

Things I needed:
small screwdrivers(eg tester)
small piece of thermacol(as a packing if the strip moves),
Soldiering machine(I needed it to do some alteration in the light to make the LED strips fit in the place, and also for the connections)
Lot of patience, time and liking for the work,
and main thing my CYBERSHOT!(to share the experience with you all)

I have posted the pics with it, hope they are in the chronologioal order, if not so, pltry to understand. I have made it as simple as possibe.

CAUTON: Since I had experience in removing and opening the light, you people are requested to do this carefully if you are doing it for first time!!

Your valuable comments are welcomed.

And yes later will post the pics of the results!![thumbsup]

Also did for the trunk light yesterday, didnt got time earlier and I have not clicked the pics for the trunk light project. If any one want I can click the procedure how to remove the light and so on, only if any one needed!

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Wow nice try buddy.
How did you know to remove it.
Nice description with photo.
Thanks 'mukeshus'.[:)]
Well I had seen a totaled swift on some highway and the roof light was hanging, so i knew that it would be removed by pulling out![evil]
So after many trys I am now able to remove by my hand only, no need of any tools or so. But first time experimenters can use some sort of screwdriver or so. Nways I showed the description and people can understand and remove in any ways they want!

That is a simple procedure that we do every day !!! Our business too!

Any that was nice of you to capture it and post it here with a great explanation.

Normally many people go for these type of led arrangements

Another way

Buy some led's
get a pcb board. cut and arrnage led accordingly

place a 100 ohm resistance in series for 4 led's
connect as gears have explained!

Thread Starter #10
awesome buddy, very neat & professional.
Thanks raj!

How about some pics after fixing?
Sure Mukesh, will post it ASAP![thumbsup]

Very proffessional gears! After seeing this, I may try this.
Thanks Type-R, all the best for your project! Try it soon with lots of patience and do share your experience with us!

ilango[speed thirst];36501 said:
That is a simple procedure that we do every day !!! Our business too!

Any that was nice of you to capture it and post it here with a great explanation.

Normally many people go for these type of led arrangements

Another way

Buy some led's
get a pcb board. cut and arrnage led accordingly

place a 100 ohm resistance in series for 4 led's
connect as gears have explained!
Thanks Ilango! Well your profession is this, so now new thing for you, but I tried the other way but it was hard to find blank PCBs in my area!

Neatly explained with pictures,great job done.
Thanks Surender!

but in the alto, the space is very less to fit in a pcb. any other way to be done in that case?
No idea bro! Never seen the alto door lights. Might be more experts out here can help you!

Thread Starter #11
Guyz here are the pics of the result!
Comments are welcomed as usual![evil]

Attachments

but in the alto, the space is very less to fit in a pcb. any other way to be done in that case?

Cut the pcb for your required size

Led cost 1 re for 3

pcb a 5 X 5 cost 15/- can use for 2 to 3 cars

ready made ones are 90/-
Fixing the ready made ones are like "grears" work

We have done this in politicians car.

Also our electrician have done to our surendar's car

but i need to confirm one thing. the bulbs used by gears in the small PCB's are different from that which he has used in the boot right? i know that the boot ones are normal bulbs. but what about the other ones?

but i need to confirm one thing. the bulbs used by gears in the small PCB's are different from that which he has used in the boot right? i know that the boot ones are normal bulbs. but what about the other ones?
Harsha its LED's(Light Emitting Diode) & not bulb .[:)]

Top Bottom